Home

One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap

Posted By: wisconsinteacher

One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/23/21 03:41 PM

Is there anyone making a one handed setter for the No-BS Beaver Trap?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/23/21 05:26 PM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6297935/one-hand-setters-video#Post6297935

I'm sure this guy could set you up. Give him a call.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/23/21 06:20 PM

Yep...Dave makes em!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HOYT archery

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/23/21 07:58 PM

Has anyone tried One hand setters made for Bridger #5's on a NO-BS beaver trap ?

I was curious if the two traps are close enough in size or design for the setter to work on both.
Posted By: browning1

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/23/21 08:23 PM

i do know mb750 one hand setters will not work on a NO-BS beaver trap
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/24/21 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by HOYT archery
Has anyone tried One hand setters made for Bridger #5's on a NO-BS beaver trap ?

I was curious if the two traps are close enough in size or design for the setter to work on both.

Just call Dave and ask him.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/24/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by HOYT archery

Just call Dave and ask him.

I don't know why its so hard for people to just call someone these days. Its not an inconvenience when its their business.
Posted By: HOYT archery

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/24/21 05:54 PM

I didn't think it was too hard to call Dave and ask about the setters. I was just thinking out loud about the setters. I thought maybe someone has tried the setters on both traps, and could share that information here. More people may have the same question, not just me.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/24/21 09:15 PM

These one hand setters, are they really "one hand" to set them? Or is it two to get it set and then one hand to hold it while you set dog/pan?
Posted By: bhugo

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 02/24/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
These one hand setters, are they really "one hand" to set them? Or is it two to get it set and then one hand to hold it while you set dog/pan?

https://youtu.be/m4Jpptd3bhQ
This was posted earlier by ADC
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/23/23 03:00 PM

Has anyone heard how Dave is doing? Is he still making these?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/23/23 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by dustytinner
Has anyone heard how Dave is doing? Is he still making these?

I haven't spoken to him in a few years. Hope he's doing well. If I recall correctly someone mentioned some health issues he was having, quite some time ago.
Posted By: GUK

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/25/23 05:26 AM

No BS makes a one hand cradle style setter for that trap. I bought one and modified it to work on MB 750, Alaska #9 and Duke 850. It works great
Posted By: Carolina Foxer

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/25/23 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by GUK
No BS makes a one hand cradle style setter for that trap. I bought one and modified it to work on MB 750, Alaska #9 and Duke 850. It works great

Pics of your modifications?
Posted By: lechwe

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/25/23 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by GUK

Would you mind posting pictures? I need one for my 750's. .
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/25/23 05:13 PM

https://trapshed.com/products/no-bs-extreme-trap-setters Click link to view NO BS trap setter

I've seen a variety of traps setters and the NO BS one too. The NO BS is quality made but big and bulky. If you can find Dave's one hand setters, they are the best I've seen. I even own a set. Not bulky, light, and very well made.
Posted By: Seek

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/26/23 03:56 PM

Would love to know how you did that modification.
Posted By: 080808

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/26/23 04:29 PM

Just discovered something by accident. The setter I got from No BS for their extreme work perfectly on an M B 750.
Posted By: Mike Kelly

Re: One Hand Setters for No-BS Beaver Trap - 04/27/23 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 080808
Just discovered something by accident. The setter I got from No BS for their extreme work perfectly on an M B 750.

I have a few of his setters, and they are awesome! But from buying them from him I know it was the same setter for the MB 750 and CDR.
He made a slightly different one for the No BS beaver traps.

Not saying they don’t work, just know it was slightly different, and I don’t know the difference off hand.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums