Home

Will a Bobcat Return to a Set?

Posted By: gozags!

Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/01/21 08:05 AM

I cage trap and had a windstorm close my trap door. Unfortunately, I had bobcat visit my set when the door was down. He milled around the set for a few minutes and then moved on. Is there a high likelihood he will return to the set or has his curiosity been satisfied? Thanks
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/01/21 11:59 AM

Yes he will. I have never live trapped one. I have had them come by a set. I had caught a rabbit in a dirt hole set. It eat the rabbit. I just reset the trap. Next day I had a nice Tom waiting on me.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/01/21 01:49 PM

I would change the look or slight change of location.
Posted By: gozags!

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/01/21 06:05 PM

Thanks guys. I will tweak the set a little bit and hope to get lucky. Seems like he's on a couple week loop. Just hope I get his attention on the next pass through...
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/01/21 10:16 PM

Yes
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/02/21 12:43 AM

I've caught same cat I've released in the same set a week later. A small white patch on one ear was the only reason I noticed. Released her again but didn't catch her this season
Posted By: Drakej

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/02/21 04:44 AM

Bobcat will do whatever they want to do, IMO. They are the most unpredictable furbearer that I have ever trapped for. Not necessarily hard to trap but they are the one that it is hardest for me to say this is the set that will catch the cat I'm after. As our season is late winter with rock hard ground and usually snow the dirt sets aren't a much used set. Though portable dirt holes have taken some.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Will a Bobcat Return to a Set? - 03/02/21 01:33 PM

yessir, they will return
© 2024 Trapperman Forums