Home

Hey Wolfdog

Posted By: jeff karsten

Hey Wolfdog - 04/22/21 04:46 PM

Being you're always into something new consider this Around 50 years ago someone at a convention was selling drags These were for Fox and had 4 prongs But they layed flat and as they were pulled the one set pulled back and rotated to have 4 prongs As they were lite weight and we trapped all dairy farm pastures then they were useless fox could bounce them a long ways But the could be useful for water trapping Just a thought
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/22/21 07:17 PM

I have one of these. It’s slick.
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/22/21 10:01 PM

I think this is what you're talking about Jeff? Buddy had a bin in his garage but didn't want to let them go. Thought it would be neat to try and make some but never got around to it. Wolfie - let us know when you start production!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/23/21 01:24 AM

Mine is a bit different. Same concept though. I’ll see if I can get a pic after this weekend.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/23/21 05:19 PM

The ones I remember were lighter built than the one pictured.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/24/21 02:14 AM

Could be it That was a long time ago Wolfie might have to have Alfred take him to the Batcave to make those

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/24/21 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
The ones I remember were lighter built than the one pictured.
Tirkey, I’m betting the one I have is what you’re talking about. I’ll be home tomorrow and try to take a picture of it.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 01:06 AM

Actually made something like that about two years ago. Worked on a similar principal. Mine doubled as a coni stabalizer and a stake as well. Should really get back to work on a hat thing
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 02:55 AM

Wolfie if you make one of them can you make a few posts on it. I'd like to make some heavier ones for coyotes.

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 07:09 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 09:28 PM

And the advantage over a regular drag Is ????
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav

Aw c'mon Beav, that's no fun! That's like asking why there's 17 pages of spinnerbaits in a Bass Pro catalogue laugh

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/27/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I don’t use it, I just have it. I have no idea if there’s an advantage or not.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/28/21 01:41 AM

I'm thinking transport. It lays flat so you should be able to put a bunch of them in a tote on a snowmachine or atv. Otherwise it looks like more moving parts, more possibility of something going wrong. wink

Re: Hey Wolfdog - 04/28/21 03:44 AM

If I was forced to give an opinion on a benefit it would be that this drag, when pulled, twists and turns into a 4 prong grapple. In this state, there are two prongs digging versus one with a standard drag. Either way, I’ve never used it. Maybe I’ll wrap up a coyote in it this coming season.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums