Home

RTS body grip setter

Posted By: Feedinggrounds

RTS body grip setter - 08/23/21 12:21 AM

Been wanting one, pulled the trigger...Lol and bought one at the Michigan convention in Evart. Now to come up with a good way to not lose it. Thinking a tether of sorts perhaps.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/23/21 01:54 AM

They are very handy. But costly if you loose.

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/23/21 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by John-Chagnon
They are very handy. But costly if you loose.

No kidding, I notice some places on the top to fasten a wrist tether of sorts. A holster? A bright paint job may help.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/23/21 03:11 PM

I told Shawn to paint them camo. They are so high quality and nice that if people don't lose them they will never need to be repeat customers. lol
Posted By: Drakej

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/23/21 03:20 PM

I convert caulk guns to make mine(best to be one with hex shaft - won't spin and release). Works reliably on all BG's up to 280. Could make one out of large gun for 330's but I don't yet have trouble setting them by hand(don't use magnums). Only a low jack might keep me from losing them, lol. There are a few fluorescent yellow ones out there. Even tried a tether but broke a couple belts when the setter snagged on something as I hustled away from set. Around the neck was just embarrassing, lol.

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/24/21 09:13 AM

I guess lost during transport is the most likely cause for me. Most anything I lose is going to and from set locations, not at the set. I found a pvc tube to holster it. Now a strip of old bungee cord to hold in. A wrist tether to prevent dropping in the water while in use.
Posted By: Wptourist

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/29/21 01:17 AM

I bought one on a auction here and love it. I don’t think you will leave it behind after using it. Mine goes straight to the backpack after using it
Posted By: curtisd

Re: RTS body grip setter - 08/30/21 10:47 AM

All of my equipment (hammers, setters, drivers, etc.) I paint fluorescent orange. They stand out really good. When I leave a set anything I leave you can see it .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums