Home

MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit

Posted By: kbuck

MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 08:07 PM

Hey folks, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at coyote trapping this winter. The coyote starter kit seems like it would have everything I need to get started, but I wanted to know if y'all had any recommendations for extra gear or thoughts on the starter kit.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 09:50 PM

5 pounds of wax and some extra chain stakes and a j hook tool in case you can’t pull anchors.Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 09:51 PM

Kbuck the starter kit is a top notch way to get started after these butt sniffers. Lots of info in the archives to check on...you’ll find out what is needed after running traps a time or two. Good luck!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by kbuck
Hey folks, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at coyote trapping this winter. The coyote starter kit seems like it would have everything I need to get started, but I wanted to know if y'all had any recommendations for extra gear or thoughts on the starter kit.

Thanks in advance.

Buy 2 of the kits. If ur like me u will have lost half of it 3 days into trapping.

Or broke something
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 10:14 PM

I just started trapping 4 years ago and I wish I had bought a kit like this. I’d add find a pack basket or means to carry your stuff and try to find a mentor. I was lucky enough to have some one here on Tman mentor me and the knowledge learned from him has saved me loads of time, money and headache.
Posted By: rbsheadache

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/29/21 10:20 PM

Youtube vids are a great way to learn also. I will the mentor part as well. It will take alot of the learning curve off of it.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/30/21 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by kbuck

Thanks in advance.

Check with MTP they have a canine kit put together. (Oh maybe I should read better, that's what you were asking about. You can trust the kit and the people at MTP. Just grow your inventory from there and have fun.)
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/30/21 03:37 AM

Haven’t looked at the recent kit, but that’s exactly what I bought to start out with. Go ahead and set aside a small fund to keep adding to it, lol.
And yes, everything in that kit works, I did eventually upgrade to a better driver when mine but the dust after 3 years, but it’s nothing a grinder couldn’t fix and still have it as a back up.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/30/21 10:53 AM

I looked at the starter kit you mention and heck it looks a lot like my own bucket of stuff!
I like the bridger 2s.
You will need something substantial to pull those chain stakes at end of season. A long 4' or so heavy crowbar works to help pump it up out of ground a little. Leverage, think leverage, and most hardware stares carry some stout ones thst won't set you back as much as a standard puller on trapping sites.
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/30/21 05:17 PM

i bought a couple starter kits as well. one from f and t and one from mtp. both were great kits for me i had better luck on with dunlaps bait and lure than i did with mtp bait and lure. probably because i was on location with the dunlap baits and not on location with the mtp baits. since its been 8 years since i bought those kits i have done good on the mtp line of baits and lures as well as many others out there. location is key and and solid trap bed as well. good with whatever you go with and get that steel in the ground when its time.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: MinnTrapProd Coyote Starter Kit - 09/30/21 05:59 PM

Looked at the kits, when I bought mine it was the MB’s. I had decent luck with the bait and lure too. Of course I was sorta brand new at it and hope I’ve improved since then, lol. I still use some MTP baits and lures to this day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums