Home

#4 Bridger DLS Mods

Posted By: Flipper 56

#4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 01:39 AM

Got a couple dozen Bridger #4 DLS's to play around with and tricked them out with Ed's Paws-I-Trip stuff. Can't wait to try them out. After I get them all done I might tack the new pan bracket with my Mig welder, but I am not sure it is necessary. His self centering swivel mount and swivel is a great addition in my opinion as well. You can install these with a big pair of channel locks. The pan is larger and heavier steel and the new stainless dog is night latched.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fiske

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 01:49 AM

Looks good, I like them, I baseplate mine with pit pans, exposed cat sets
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 02:18 AM

They will work good. I caught a few yotes in that exact set up a few years ago.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 12:40 PM

Nice looking traps....my take ...it is common for the chain to get wrapped up over one of the springs...for that reason add another swivel in the chain....just my take.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MChewk
Nice looking traps....my take ...it is common for the chain to get wrapped up over one of the springs...for that reason add another swivel in the chain....just my take.

X2

Good trap, caught several cats, yotes, and beaver in them

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: Whiteoak63

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/06/21 08:08 PM

Which Paws Pit pan kit did you use for the Bridger #4?

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/07/21 12:39 AM

These were the new style with offset jaws. I called Ed and bought the parts from him. PIT-02A , he sent pics to show the mods. After you knock out the old pan post you lay the new pan bracket on top of the frame and the pan bolt goes under on the bottom side of the frame. Mine is wrong in the pic and I had to change it. Did a dozen today with the center chain mod too.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/07/21 02:05 AM

Tho look great! Ed is a smart man!
Posted By: mocoyotetrapping

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/07/21 05:04 AM

Those Bridger #4s sure are Stout traps

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/07/21 02:52 PM

Here is a close up of the pan mounted on the bracket. The first pics were wrong, the pan bracket goes on top of the frame and the pan bolt goes under. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/08/21 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Whiteoak63
Which Paws Pit pan kit did you use for the Bridger #4?

Ed called last night and said his steel cost went up 4x this year and he is selling what he has in stock and then out of business because trappers won't want to pay the new cost of his product. He said he might start up again if material costs come back down but he said he is 82 and is not holding his breath for that to happen in his lifetime. Sad deal, great guy. So you better not wait to long to get parts.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 10/08/21 07:12 PM

Great now there'll be a run on them. Someone will buy 300 of PIT-?, never use them and they'll sit for the next 50 yrs.
Posted By: Leadbelly

Re: #4 Bridger DLS Mods - 01/06/22 01:02 AM

Sorry I know this is a old thread. Did you punch the old bracket out or just cut it off? I’d been completely lost if I hadn’t found this post
© 2024 Trapperman Forums