Home

Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale

Posted By: Hern

Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/03/22 12:38 PM

Product review- Digital Scale
Dial scale was hard for me to read weigh with no ounces and two pounds increments.

I purchased a digital scale this week.
I bought on Amazon.
RoMech 660lb Digital Hanging Scale with Cast Aluminum Case, Handheld 300Kg Mini Crane Scale with Hooks for Farm Hunting Fishing Outdoor (Orange)

Tested vs. old dial scale. weighs close to same. But the big plus is I can read it easier. I like it.
[Linked Image]

What scale do you use?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/03/22 01:21 PM

Digital scales are great since they eliminate user error interpreting exactly where the hand is on the dial. But their precision in readout, tenths or hundreths of pounds or ounces, can give the impression of more accuracy, that may not be true. All scales, digital or not, can be tested with calibration weights to see if they are weighing accurrately.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/03/22 03:43 PM

Yeah, there's always a 9 point range of possible inaccuracies with digital, but they are plenty accurate for most of us.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/03/22 06:27 PM

I'll take something with out batteries or plug in any time
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/04/22 01:44 AM

Just curious why you need scales? Is it customary to weigh critters? I’ve only weighed 2 when someone wanted to know if they “guessed” the weight right.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/04/22 12:31 PM

I have the same scale

Kill a big pig and want to prove you are not exaggerating weight is one reason I have one.
Another forum I frequent folks will post a pic of a pig and have everyone guess what it weighs, some are good at photo trickery and will have guesses of 300# on a 120#'er laugh

I can weigh all kinds of stuff around the farm with it too
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/04/22 11:37 PM

I would say a scale you can read is a big plus
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/04/22 11:47 PM

I must be old fashioned. I like the dial one.
Posted By: Hankit

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/05/22 12:23 AM

I got the same one for Christmas this year and have weighed a few wolves with it. It was within 2-3 lbs of my dial scale at 100lbs. I like the easy read on it. But it is obviously a cheap Chinese scale.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dial Scale vs. Digital Scale - 03/05/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hern
Product review- Digital Scale
Dial scale was hard for me to read weigh with no ounces and two pounds increments.

I purchased a digital scale this week.
I bought on Amazon.
RoMech 660lb Digital Hanging Scale with Cast Aluminum Case, Handheld 300Kg Mini Crane Scale with Hooks for Farm Hunting Fishing Outdoor (Orange)

Tested vs. old dial scale. weighs close to same. But the big plus is I can read it easier. I like it.
[Linked Image]

What scale do you use?

Digital
© 2024 Trapperman Forums