Home

James Lucero in the North East?

Posted By: Archeryguy

James Lucero in the North East? - 06/19/22 10:04 AM

Spoke to Mr. Lucero yesterday and am sending him payment for some of his lures as well as a copy of "Master Wolfer". Just curious about anyone's experience using his techniques in the northeast US state like NY, PA, etc. I know he is a western trapper but coyotes are coyotes with similar behavior no matter where they live.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: James Lucero in the North East? - 06/19/22 02:06 PM

They work for me In the Midwest.
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: James Lucero in the North East? - 06/19/22 03:01 PM

I catch and have caught over 300 plus coyotes a year with James Lucero lure for last 4 years . That is about all I use. Last year I trapped in alabama Central Texas = West Texas = and = South Texas . I caught 541 coyotes last year with James Lucero Lure . I was 1 of the first few people to get to test = NIGHTRAIN LURE for Mr . Lucero . I caught over 100 coyotes with it alone . Year before with 4 of James Lucero's lure . I went to West Texas . In 44 days caught 227 coyotes total . I have been using Lucero Lures for 4 years going on 5 . With out having my book on hand . Last 4 years = 350 plus 350 plus 450 plus last years 541 and about 300 coyotes so far this year . I have caught over 2000 in almost 5 years with James Lucero lure. I know I cover LOTS of ground AND do this year round for a live AND trap where there are LOTS of coyote. BUT its still great lure. Last 2 years in Texas have been great for me. Have used Lucero's lure on some BAD sheep killers and its works great. I feel with the ground I have now , I will do 500-600 coyotes a year from now on. I have enough Lucero lure to last me a lifetime. I have been trapping for 35 years . Its the best lure I have ever used . Best trapping knowledge I ever got was = spending 5 days taking lessons from James Lucero
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: James Lucero in the North East? - 06/21/22 04:40 AM

@ The Beav, I would be interested in hear more about which Lucero lures you're using up here. Thanks
© 2024 Trapperman Forums