Home

Coyote urine

Posted By: Sharkhunter

Coyote urine - 06/20/22 03:15 PM

I’m sure this is like asking who makes the best coyote trap but based on personal experience from the more experienced Coyote trappers here what are some brand names that sell the highest quality coyote urine available ?
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 03:29 PM

Marty from Keg Creek,Bob Jameson ,W Derrick when he has it,Grawes to name a few.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 03:43 PM

I've collected my own the last couple of years and I've seen guys state on here commercial stuff they liked that I've tried that wasn't anything like the stuff I've collected. With that said I haven't tried a lot of different ones. I smelled some of Cletis's at a convention once and it smelled like the good stuff.
Posted By: oppossum1

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 06:03 PM

John Graham at Fur Country and Ernest Winter at Winter Wildlife Control Bait & Lure. Both have very good urine.

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I've collected my own the last couple of years and I've seen guys state on here commercial stuff they liked that I've tried that wasn't anything like the stuff I've collected. With that said I haven't tried a lot of different ones. I smelled some of Cletis's at a convention once and it smelled like the good stuff.

What brand does he sell ?

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 07:55 PM

Apple Road Bait and lures

Re: Coyote urine - 06/20/22 08:34 PM

Thank you !!
Posted By: MartinPlayer

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 12:54 AM

I’m trying to stock up on supplies for the fall, does urine go bad? Should I refrigerate it until the fall?
Posted By: Bob

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by MartinPlayer
I’m trying to stock up on supplies for the fall, does urine go bad? Should I refrigerate it until the fall?

No, you’ll be good. I’ve never refrigerated mine, just stored it with my bait in the garage, never had any problems. Except when a bottle of red fox urine fell off the shelf and exploded on the concrete
Posted By: MartinPlayer

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by MartinPlayer

No, you’ll be good. I’ve never refrigerated mine, just stored it with my bait in the garage, never had any problems. Except when a bottle of red fox urine fell off the shelf and exploded on the concrete

Thanks. Good to know!
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 04:03 AM

If urine needs to be in a fridge or freezer to keep it from going bad, it wasn’t good to begin with.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 01:34 PM

I remember Wayne telling the story about a guy he knew that had been a G man and quit or retired or what ever. Ten years or so later he needed to kill a coyote and the only urine he had was in a glass jug out in the barn. He opened it up and said it smelled just like it did when he put it out there.
I’ve bought urine that didn’t smell right when I opened it for the first time, can’t imagine what it would have been like after ten years .
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 05:28 PM

I'm told One legged Johnny sells the best coyote urine.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 06:30 PM

What about Minny soda pee?.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 06:54 PM

I've had good luck with MTP urine,but I aged it for 1 year down in my basement root seller,I like a stronger urine.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boone Liane
If urine needs to be in a fridge or freezer to keep it from going bad, it wasn’t good to begin with.

X2.
Posted By: PSPH17

Re: Coyote urine - 06/21/22 09:22 PM

One leg Johnny is where I get mine or Marty at Keg Creek
Posted By: cattails

Re: Coyote urine - 06/22/22 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I'm told One legged Johnny sells the best coyote urine.

x2
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Coyote urine - 06/22/22 06:07 PM

I get fox urine from a guy here in Montana, and coyote urine from
Kansas trapping Supply and have had excellent results.
I think if you buy from suppliers that trap it will be good quality.
Posted By: braveheart

Re: Coyote urine - 06/23/22 04:01 PM

The GOOD stuff does not need to be refrigerated. Don't store it in the sunlight keep in shaded area. It will stay knock you down strong!

Re: Coyote urine - 06/23/22 04:20 PM

The artificial stuff doesn't need to be refrigerated either. Only the contaminated stuff goes "bad" and get a sewer smell. My experience is the real stuff gets darker over time but keeps its coyote smell. The artificial and watered down stuff usually doesn't change color much and tends to lose its coyote smell and the ammonia smell takes over. Some will add a pinch of skunk or artificial skunk to make it smell stronger.

Had a friend freeze urine from 3 different suppliers. That was a litte revealing also. I bet one supplier will start advertising his urine has antifreeze added from here on out despite the fact he promised is was straight urine previously.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coyote urine - 06/26/22 06:42 PM

If you want a quality urine, ask the seller to show you his set up.
If he can't or won't, he most likely is a middle man and doesn't have coyotes or do his own collecting.. . that you don't want if you can help it.
Bacteria from food and feces will cause spoilage.
Most people don't run a clean enough operation to suite my needs.
I always froze mine daily. Kept it frozen until needed.
Old ammonia urine will catch some animals.
It'll miss a few sharp ones too !
Coyotes don't respond to bottled up old urine, like the seller wants you to believe,
Night vision cameras have proven that. Still, if an animal walks up to smell it, most properly placed traps will catch them.

Old seasoned coyotes will often act quite differently to old bottled urine.
In the ADC biz, that's often the ones you gotta kill !
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Coyote urine - 06/26/22 09:07 PM

How many bait/lure/urine dealers collect their own urine?

Not very many.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Coyote urine - 06/26/22 10:20 PM

if somebody is selling bobcat pee in pretty much unlimited amounts, dont buy ANY urine from them. bobcat pee is not available to purchase except in very very limited instances. i dont think anybody in north america is collecting even 20 gallons of it a year.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coyote urine - 07/04/22 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
if somebody is selling bobcat pee in pretty much unlimited amounts, dont buy ANY urine from them. bobcat pee is not available to purchase except in very very limited instances. i dont think anybody in north america is collecting even 20 gallons of it a year.

Meat fed house cat urine will work just as well.

No one wants to say that, but . . .

How come no one is penning up feral cats and feeding them muskrat ???
© 2024 Trapperman Forums