Home

Tman coyote contest

Posted By: Yes sir

Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:00 PM

How many would really be intrested in a Tman Coyote Trapping contest organized on here for members only?

Paul if you have absolutely no intrest in allowing us to discuss this possibility on here just say so. Thanks

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:09 PM

The topic started on the apple cart thread if you want to what has already been discussed
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:17 PM

I will play ! Just let me know = when and where !
Posted By: 080808

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:25 PM

Sounds good.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:26 PM

I am interested. Dont think The logistics of a no holds barred contest are very easy to overcome. Starting with enough area to trap. Will have to be some limits.
Posted By: Sharkhunter

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:27 PM

Sounds very interesting! I would be very interested !

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:28 PM

30 guys on a 200 square mile ranch or 20 miles by 10 miles will all be setting the same locations

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
30 guys on a 200 square mile ranch or 20 miles by 10 miles will all be setting the same locations

Danny thats only = 128000 acres. You are right we need more like 1/2 million acres or more.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:37 PM

Any one know the the legalities of running this thing on public ground?

Maybe some less experienced guys could provide the muscle and pick up part or all of the cost and talk a more experience guy to go with them and use it as a learning experience if we went with a team format...???

Maybe a side auction to pick winning entry with part of proceeds going to a trapping organization for those who want to play from the side lines..??

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by steeltraps

Danny thats only = 128000 acres. You are right we need more like 1/2 million acres or more.

In my part of the world you can look at a map and narrow 200 Sq miles down to probably 12000 acres of the choicest spots without setting a foot on the ground. I'm sure other terrains wouldn't be that easy though. 200 section in open country isn't as much ground as say 200 sections of Texas brush country would b my guess.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:46 PM

Yes Sir. I fear. That public ground might be nightmare. Think if word got out. After you do all that work. Then. People set out to mess it up. Anti’s or what not. MY thoughts. = Texas Why? Several reasons = No trap size = leta everyone not worry having the right traps. NO need to buy license inTexas IF we call it doing predator work. Also = large ranches in Texas. Just have to make a deal with the right 1

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:53 PM

Is there a time those snakes hibernate down there? Lol
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:54 PM

Heat and humidity would knock out the Northern guys, lol.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Is there a time those snakes hibernate down there? Lol

Killed. Rattlesnake in December. So maybe February? LoL!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Like I said before. No contest can ever be 100% fair FOR 100% of everyone. But I feel. Yes Sir can come up with a suitable compromise for us all. Im read to play regardless! LoL!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Them boys on the Northern High plains that do coyote work year around could probably hold up in Texas in January. Maybe not quite up to the humidity but it can get pretty hot up then when your out in the sun.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:05 PM

No humidity to deal with as long as you pick the right part of Texas. The heat would depend on the time of year.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:06 PM

GB
U intrested
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:08 PM

Trappers on top of one another really seems like it would separate who really knows some stuff from others but that's just my thought

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Golf ball
No humidity to deal with as long as you pick the right part of Texas. The heat would depend on the time of year.

GB you are correct. VERY pleasant even in January. Start in mornimg in jacket. By noon in a sort sleeve shirt. BUT im hot natured
Posted By: warrior

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Trappers on top of one another really seems like it would separate who really knows some stuff from others but that's just my thought

Now there's a good point. Maybe rotate ground so you get the trapping behind others twist.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

Wolf thats one way of looking at it BUT. Trappers on Largest tracks of land is another. You would have to do it ALL on your own. Find them and THEN catch them

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:14 PM

Good valid counterpoint.

Heck, I think we got us a contest now. LOL

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 05:25 PM

I’m just throwing a thought out there. Pick a section let’s say south texas. Contact as many ranchers as you can in that area. The ones that give permission put in a lottery. Based on the size of the ranch you would assign x many trappers by lottery draw to that property.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 06:51 PM

Probably not logistically possible but round robin tournament taking in all areas and conditions?

Start with a southern coastal plain pine plantation in August.
Then a northern plains in the dead of winter.
A southwestern sheep farm at lambing time.
Finish up on my turf. Pick a major metropolitan area like Atlanta, Chicago or Los Angeles. You get 20 acres with half of it checkerboarded off limits. Minus points if anyone other than the contestants even sees a coyote, disqualified if police are called. Oh, and the starting point is 45 minutes away with no traffic and you have only half a day to get it done because you have to be back at the starting point for your next stop.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 07:43 PM

One nice thing about west tx desert, sets go in fast. Yes sir, the rattlers are worth more than the coyotes

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 07:46 PM

Red clay or asphalt here. About the same difference, lol.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 07:49 PM

Warrior
I ain't trapping no city. Them city folks scare me worse than rattlers. Lol

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkhunter
I’m just throwing a thought out there. Pick a section let’s say south texas. Contact as many ranchers as you can in that area. The ones that give permission put in a lottery. Based on the size of the ranch you would assign x many trappers by lottery draw to that property.

What happens when you get - 1 place that 5000 acres. That has had good management of predators. Then another with None. NO rancher is going to tell you about how much his places has been trapped. They will say = Ya Come on Then you will go and find snares everywhere! LOL!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 07:57 PM

One nice thing about west tx desert, sets go in fast. Yes sir, the rattlers are worth more than the coyotes

I think that = 6666 Ranch is where they shot SOME of Jimmy cowboying on Yellowstone??? Give 6666 Ranch a call? We could be on TV. Let them make a show about the trapping contest. Let everyone sign a wavier. And lets get to trapping Let get some money. AND get to be famous TV folks!!!! LOL!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 08:00 PM

I'm hoping more chime in saying that they are seriously intrested. I like the idea of Texas. Maybe extreme weather wouldn't come into play. Some would have more experience in that country but that is an issue where ever we would go. Any one intrested in try to organize it or put some land together for it speak up. Be a go out of state trapping trip for a lot of people. Access would be obtained for u and get to rub shoulders with Tman friends. I'm thinking at least 10 entries would be good which would probably mean 30 people interested. Even if it can't get put together for this winter I like the idea of getting the ball rolling. Maybe if some teams or individuals would be willing to take an observe with some individuals could pay a set fee to ride along for thr experience that would help with securing land or donated to a trapping org.. just kicking ideas around to maybe spark some interest.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 08:02 PM

I dont watch tv
. Want no part of tv or tv acting

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 08:03 PM

Someone that has some experience trapping Texas Ranch could help direct in getting land put together

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 08:05 PM

I dont watch tv
. Want no part of tv or tv acting

I'm with u. Definitely simple to start with is my thinking. Under the radar is more my style. Who knows how many guys on here maybe on the the post office wall somewhere....

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkhunter

What happens when you get - 1 place that 5000 acres. That has had good management of predators. Then another with None. NO rancher is going to tell you about how much his places has been trapped. They will say = Ya Come on Then you will go and find snares everywhere! LOL!

That’s definitely a possibility. Hopefully when asked they would be forthcoming. There would be some luck of the draw for sure. No way all grounds will be equal.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 09:09 PM

I'd be more intrested in a free for all, everyone has access to everything. If u want to trap on top of someone or someone traps on top of you that's how it is and you adjust accordingly. If your good you have to roll with the punches. Hopefully everyone would be respectful in what they consider is the right thing to do but you enter knowing someone can set anywhere they please.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 09:28 PM

I'd be more intrested in a free for all, everyone has access to everything. If u want to trap on top of someone or someone traps on top of you that's how it is and you adjust accordingly. If your good you have to roll with the punches. Hopefully everyone would be respectful in what they consider is the right thing to do but you enter knowing someone can set anywhere they please.

Sounds good. Whats the cash pay out going to look like??
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 09:44 PM

This is how the contest on the Apache Reservation is/was conducted for years.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 09:52 PM

Sounds good. Whats the cash pay out going to look like??

I think if there's enough intrest we will need to find a consensus on entry fees and see if we have to bribe the landowners and then see what the pot looks like to decide.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 10:11 PM

Yes Sir. Why not call Apache Reservation ? See if for say 10000 dollars if we could have place for 7 days ? 40 trappers at 1000 each would be a big pay day !!! Wouldnt be crowded. They have done this kind of thing before. Do it in thier off season. Stay in their lodging. Good money for them. Why would they say no?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 10:16 PM

Worth a shot. Anyone know what reservation it was or contact info? Anyone out there want to ramrod this deal I'm willing to help but not really intrested in being the organizer.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 10:50 PM

Jacalera Reservation northern New Mexico.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 10:59 PM

Warrior
I ain't trapping no city. Them city folks scare me worse than rattlers. Lol

City folks ain't a problem. Once they learn that you actually catch and kill things like opossums and coyotes you can do no wrong. Seriously, this white boy can walk just about anywhere in Atlanta as long as I'm taking care of those scary opossums.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by trappergbus

Gbus. How big is it??

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 11:01 PM

I know some of y'all don't want TV but I think it would go over well on those deer hunting shows.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by trappergbus

Gbus. How big is it??

Almost 900,000 acres

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/05/22 11:46 PM

That might hold 50 - 60 trappers!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/06/22 12:34 AM

Yes Sir. Why not call Apache Reservation ? See if for say 10000 dollars if we could have place for 7 days ? 40 trappers at 1000 each would be a big pay day !!! Wouldnt be crowded. They have done this kind of thing before. Do it in thier off season. Stay in their lodging. Good money for them. Why would they say no?

Because coyotes play a part in their religion. If they are gathering cattle and see a wild horse they will let the cattle run off to go after the worthless mustang. At least a lot of them will. money is not real important to a lot of them. A completely different culture and way of looking at things.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/06/22 01:24 AM

Danny. The point was = If they had a coyote contest before. Why wouldn’t they do it again? Its wasnt foe fun last time I assume? So They did it for money and to get rid of coyotes Why not do it again?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/06/22 01:57 AM

to many people were against it.

cant hurt to call them

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/06/22 09:52 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache

Another story is of a hidden ball game, where good and evil animals decide whether or not the world should be forever dark. Coyote, the trickster, is an important being that often has inappropriate behavior (such as marrying his own daughter, etc.) in which he overturns social convention.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/06/22 12:08 PM

[quote=steeltraps][quote=trappergbus]Jacalera Reservation northern New Mexico.
Almost 900,000 acres

Sounds about right. I applied to trap there several years ago, got turned down cause I lived to far away. It's huge but part is mountains, and some is prairie. Populations vary throughout. I applied for the sage flats cause that's where the rabbits are. I spoke with Ray Milligan about the area, his ranch boarders it. Elk and Mule Deer are big business there, they are serious about killing coyotes and have a resident trapper that oversees all trapping. Th reservation is a sovereign nation, their own government and laws.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 05:58 AM

Interesting idea. I think you would have to either go for big private ranches like Texas or go out west where there is lots of public ground.

If you go in the northern states in winter the southern trappers would be at a serious disadvantage dealing with snow and freeze/thaw. Plus I'm pretty sure none of them even own a Snowmobile to access a lot of the ground. On the other hand put me down in the south dealing with ants and 90 degree weather and I would be at a loss.

Of course you could do a real free for all like the weekend coyote contest they have had around here at times. Anything legal goes, trapping, calling, running them down on snowmachine in the wheatfields. No boundaries, just sign up, pay your entry fee, and whoever turns in the most dead coyotes wins.

I'm not good enough to be in it. But I would be interested to follow along on here.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 11:47 AM

Anybody have a problem with who ever puts it on making a little money? what about a real cold rolling contest? everybody gets maps the night before of the properties the contest will be held on. say 10 pm. nobody leaves till say 6 a.m. can stay up all night on google earth gotten with cell phone service? everyone uses the same campground. volunteer judges ride along at times with whoever the judges choose to ride with?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 02:32 PM

If you had 2 man teams and a limit of say a hundred traps per team , this would keep if fair .With judges randomly riding along with the team that caught the most coyotes the day before or a random daily draw to see what teams get a judge for that day.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 03:27 PM

So what is the judge looking for ?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 03:41 PM

A pen full of live coyotes

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 03:46 PM

I might could put one together in TX panhandle

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 03:57 PM

If we are talking an open contest that’s one thing , a Tman contest would be another. After reading these pages for years I’m pretty sure many on here don’t have a hundred or more coyote traps. That being said how many guys on here that don’t have a hundred traps suitable for coyote would even be interested in entering the contest ?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 04:18 PM

If there is a trap limit, 50 would be my number. In high coyote population areas 50 will keep you jumping. The gathering, camping place a public campground with showers and water. Maps with property available handed out the night before at 10PM. No one allowed to leave till the next morning 6AM. No chance to prospect till opening morning no traps being set either. No trapping anyplace but properties on the maps. On the 7th check day all traps get pulled. Winner is the most coyotes. If there is a tie those tied will get to reset that night. 5 pm the next day winner is declared or it goes one more day till there is a winner. Anybody caught putting hair on anothers set, putting a pebble under a rivals trap pan, firing a trap or any other tampering of another's set is a disqualification and no entry fee refund. Same with leaving the campground after maps are handed out. Anybody caught trying to turn in coyotes caught off site by another, or caught trapping offsite, or trying to enter any coyote caught before the contest opens is disqualified.

Is how I would do it

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 04:23 PM

Anyone thought about Nevada mostly public ground ???
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 05:12 PM

I’m thinking harsher actions Danny like any trapper trying to CHEAT has a #48 NH clamped to his anatomy...lol

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 06:48 PM

With teeth lol

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 06:54 PM

It wouldn't matter LMBO..

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 07:11 PM

so how many would be interested?
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 08:35 PM

I'm in ! wink
Posted By: maurob

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 08:44 PM

I would be in if the dates match up to when I can get the time off. Not huge on camping but I would sleep in the truck for the first night if that's what it took to satisfy the regs.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 09:37 PM

Well cold rolling is a big part of coyote trapping maurob. I am not questioning your integrity but if you can come up with a way to make sure no one sets a trap or ten or starts looking for location I am all ears.
Posted By: maurob

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 10:00 PM

Not a big deal for me to sleep in the truck for a night. Just don't want to spend a week at a campground. Tacoma can only haul so much. I would be willing to follow whatever rules there are for a chance to compete.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 11:13 PM

I’m in if schedules line up.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/07/22 11:50 PM

I can't say I'd be "in" necessarily, because I'm stretched thin as it is, but if the schedule would line up (even just a little) I would definitely consider being the "brawn" for an experienced trapper! I would entertain the opportunity for the experience, and be more than willing to share the cost...I'm just not NEAR a good enough trapper to do this on my own! Not to mention, it would be WAY out of my comfort zone to do such a thing!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/08/22 12:18 AM

I would be willing to give it a go with a partner. Depending on ground conditions one old man may not get a hundred traps set in a day. Lol , heck if it’s real bad ground two old men may not get 50 in the ground .

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/08/22 12:50 PM

Need the cost of the entry fee and location of the event and official rules and the payout before I would commit.

I'm not in favor of hauling around live coyotes. Freeze thaw conditions would fit tho..
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/08/22 04:40 PM

I’m in

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/08/22 04:49 PM

I dont think = Teams OR a trap limits are a good idea. No one wants to drive half way across the country to set a few traps. I will be out West any way so i am in regardless. Only problem = I carry 120 MJ 600 Sterlings in my tool box at ALL times. IF anyone thinks I am going to get their and = unload 70 Sterlings just so I will only have 50 traps in the Toyota = You must have a screw loose!!!! LOL!!!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 10:30 AM

The Trapperman coyote trapping competition MIGHT happen. I am working on landowner permission in the TX panhandle. Will be rough prairie to crop circles. Maybe some feedlots. Dont ask about rules cause we aint that far in yet. Any suggestions are welcome

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 03:03 PM

I’m not saying we need to have the same rules as the last coyote contest but we need to start somewhere. The last one was 12 two man teams and a hundred traps per team . If Chris wants a 120 traps I can do that too , but I don’t want anyone feeling that they can’t enter because they don’t have a hundred or more traps. As far as sleeping in the truck or camping , maybe there is a fairgrounds or camp site that can be incorporated so a guy could take a shower and have running water, maybe even electric. Big numbers of dead coyotes are going to be a distinct possibility, so we would need a big pit dug ( hopefully downwind) of the campsite, fairgrounds, check in point........ , hopefully the rancher or ranchers involved would take care of this free of charge. We would need to be sure of this before hand, otherwise we are talking about paying someone to do this.
I’m sure there are many more little details that will need to be covered.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 03:43 PM

pit is in the works

one for sure rule is no pictures of the pit. it will be on private property and anybody taking a picture will be trespassed

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 04:00 PM

I would say if you have a number of traps, that number is how many are allowed to be set. If it is say 100 traps, Chris can have 120 or however many in his truck at a time, but only 100 set. That way traps can be exchanged and/or replaced. If one gets ran over, or you want to pull some sets and make some new ones you can replace any contaminated traps with clean ones rather than having to go back and clean them and be the next day before you can reset them.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 04:10 PM

I am thinking in order to have a catch confirmed, it will need a cell phone picture with date time and gps, along with a carcass

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 05:11 PM

IF its in the = Pan handle = I will be working close enough to New Mexico line that IF given enough time OR heads up on contest I could bring 220 more MB 550s and leave them Where I work at New Mexico/Texas line . Im just saying this because I would be willing to loan out some MB 550 OS 2 coil traps with # 7 custom chain and welded Fox Hollow anchor to someone that does have enough traps to compete. This way No one can say =- They dont have enough traps. So some one could PM me and I could put them in 5 gallon buckets and bring them. Their all ready to go . I just quit using them unless Its in a spot that they may get run over. So what ever I can do to help Let me know

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 06:29 PM

I always knew you was a heck of a guy ! That may make a difference for some one .
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 06:43 PM

That is big medicine, tip my hat to steeltraps.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 06:55 PM

Thanks guys. Dipped about 100 MJ 600s and close to 150 MB 550s in last few days. Here is = 55 in the blacl box and 4 five gallon buckets of 13 each. Dipped ang ready to go. So thats 103 MB 550s

Attached picture 4DC64767-2C04-40FE-A187-2610FF5E33FF.jpeg

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 06:58 PM

Here are last 75 MJ 600 Sterling and a few MB 550s More traps in barn. Got around 40. BMI K9 Wolfers 4x4 s dipped about 4 months ago in barn as well

Attached picture C067C373-7B9E-4786-81F3-67D9ABD657E1.jpeg
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 08:07 PM

Y’all should make the contest a little more difficult and trap East Tennessee… grin

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
Y’all should make the contest a little more difficult and trap East Tennessee… grin

I was thinking contacting some of these plantations around here and seeing if they be willing to have someone come in for free. Of course they already have trappers that come in 2-3 times a year. And a lot don’t have roads to see tracks, but it would sure make it interesting to see what some of these guys could do at guessing where they might be or if any are there. The good news is they can keep all the coons and possums they catch too, lol!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 08:58 PM

Wanna Bee I heard the possum market is up this year....there is a market for the tails...lol

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 10:47 PM

Dang, I don't want to be the one lifting those black boxes. lol

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
Dang, I don't want to be the one lifting those black boxes. lol

Black boxes are mainly for storage. Then I just put 12 per 5 gallon bucket and haul them mb 550s MJ 600s Sterlings. Ride in lock down. Their in toolbox LOL!!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/10/22 11:48 PM

Right now the hold up is enough permission strung out over a large enough area.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/11/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by MChewk
Wanna Bee I heard the possum market is up this year....there is a market for the tails...lol

I could make some SERIOUS money, lol. And that’s not counting the “pinky possums” either. Of course I don’t count those towards totals for $$$.
Posted By: Dstone1992

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/11/22 04:54 AM

Is this really going to happen? If so I would love to be a part If it.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/11/22 12:03 PM

Dstone I am working on one. Permission is where I am at now. still working on it.
Posted By: Dstone1992

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/12/22 05:03 AM

Dstone I am working on one. Permission is where I am at now. still working on it.

Awesome I'll be watching for updates!
Posted By: Jpwilson

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/12/22 01:49 PM

I’d be interested depending on the time of year!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/28/22 11:43 AM

Trying to put this together is a real exorcise in frustration. I have not made a trip to talk directly with landowners and I didnt think I would need to. I was wrong. One big concern from landowners is liability. I am to the point I am going to give up on the idea. I am not willing to spend the money and time it will take to get this rolling. If someone else wants to take the reins be my guest.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/28/22 01:15 PM

Thanks for the effort you put forward Danny

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/28/22 06:43 PM

Trying to put this together is a real exorcise in frustration. I have not made a trip to talk directly with landowners and I didnt think I would need to. I was wrong. One big concern from landowners is liability. I am to the point I am going to give up on the idea. I am not willing to spend the money and time it will take to get this rolling. If someone else wants to take the reins be my guest.

I get it. I have to have 2 million just to trap coyotes for a certain Timber company. The world has gotten -= sue someone happy. Even a liability waver might no be sufficient.IF the persons family sued. Thanks for trying. Maybe public land?

Re: Tman coyote contest - 08/29/22 06:37 PM

Thanks for trying Danny. I figured private ground would be a pain to access.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/02/22 01:05 PM

Thanks for your efforts, Danny.

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/02/22 06:16 PM

Thanks Danny!

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/07/22 12:54 AM

Was having a few drinks and thinking. We could have a Trapping Contest in Nevada on public land. We could all throw a 1000 dollars each in the hat. Just go at it for 5 to 7 days on public land . No hole bunch of rules just set traps and see who catches the most coyotes! Isnt their some public or BLM land around Lazarus house? We could camp out in Lazarus back yard It aint that cold in October! LOL!

Attached picture 50FC1B4A-BADD-4CCD-8A93-E2A77BFAF363.jpeg
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/07/22 01:27 AM

Sounds okay to me, but that bottle looks almost empty. Gonna have to reload soon

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/07/22 04:42 AM

At least he is drinking the good stuff. Not that I generally drink, but if I was going to have one, that Tito's is good sipping vodka.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Tman coyote contest - 09/07/22 11:08 AM

If I drank some of that I could whip up a darn good batch of lure that I couldn't remember how I made it. smile
© 2024 Trapperman Forums