Home

Victor Weasel Traps

Posted By: schmattz

Victor Weasel Traps - 08/17/22 03:01 AM

I got these traps and would like to try to catch a weasel with them. Can any of you give me any advice and where and how I can use these to give me the best chance at success? I understand the instructions on the trap but more information that you may have used to have success with them would be greatly appreciated. Especially what you baited them with. If a mink happens to come by, would this work for them or should I avoid any areas where mink might travel.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks,
Schmattz
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/17/22 05:01 PM

Keep it simple; [Linked Image]
add pan to rat trap trigger, fasten to front of container/box and place bait at back of box.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/17/22 06:25 PM

* Dang bctomcat, now that's being resourceful !
Never thought of using a cardboard milk carton.

*schmatzz, I would rather use the ones with large plastic pans.
The one you're showing, ( I believe) is a collector. No longer made.
It is used by hooking raw meat on the nails, and when the weasel attempts to pull the meat off, it fires the tap.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/18/22 02:39 AM

[quote=LT GREY]* Dang bctomcat, now that's being resourceful !
Never thought of using a cardboard milk carton.

* I should add, Don't use orange juice carton as critters like the smell, or something,left by the juice and they will chew the box up.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/18/22 10:42 AM

Yep those weasel traps would be hanging on my collector wall. I would use the newer version with plastic pans. Or use them, catch a weasel in them, take some pics to go along with wall display. Would't want any of the text or intructions damaged.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/18/22 10:04 PM

When i trapped weasels i used the ones with the large pans inside a box. But if i were using the trigger ones you show i would guess a wild trapped mouse on the trigger would be good
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/18/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Yep those weasel traps would be hanging on my collector wall. I would use the newer version with plastic pans. Or use them, catch a weasel in them, take some pics to go along with wall display. Would't want any of the text or intructions damaged.

Be kind of a cool mount!
Posted By: eric space

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/23/22 11:40 PM

60 plus years ago I used Victor weasel traps for weasels on our farm. We had a lot of stonewalls and a fair amount of weasels. I would take a cedar fence post and stand it up in the middle of a stonewall and bait the trigger with either a sparrow (as it says on the trap) or better yet a mouse. Trap was nailed to the post about 12 inches up from the stones. Will not work for mink, not strong enough. I agree with others, keep them as a wall display, they are in great shape.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Victor Weasel Traps - 08/28/22 01:33 AM

Should get a 3 for 1 trade.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums