Home

NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever

Posted By: Sharkhunter

NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 06:05 PM

Has anyone had a chance to test them out yet? I order a dozen and they just came in. Really like what I’m seeing so far.

Attached picture 988DFF2A-10F5-43CA-8911-8275D5343240.jpeg
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 06:41 PM

Can you set that trap and show us a picture please?
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 08:06 PM

Don't catch your finger. They leave a mark
Posted By: Guss

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 09:21 PM

I migh buy a few.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 09:29 PM

Guys, whats the point of wire levers? An actual question, not trying to sound like a smarty pants. Bed easier?
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 10:12 PM

Supposed to come up through the crust better and not freeze down as bad. Downside is you get a bear or wolf in them and they start biting on those wire levers they can bend or break them.

Both are what I hear people tell me, personally I have used both and haven't noticed a big difference in coming up through the crust, neither have I had anything break or bend one. I know several guys who have had the wire levered Bridger #9 break, but I that may be faulty manufacturing plus very powerful springs stressing them. Haven't known of a lot of issues with other wire lever traps, especially coyote sized ones.

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/09/22 10:45 PM

Ok so setting it by hand is a little dicey but I’m sure I’ll get the technique down. Lots of pressure and not much to hold onto. Stepping on the levers with hard sole boots would be the best way I would think. The trap lays nice and flat but the pan on the first one I got out of the box is angled up some. Easy fix though I’ll just bend the pan just a little by the pivot point. It’s a big powerful trap that should function extremely well in our super wet conditions. Never trapped where freezing is an issue so I can’t speak on that. Trap fires right a 3.25 lbs. if anything it’s a little light and definitely didn’t need the trigger waxed. So far I’m happy. Lots of trap for the money for sure.

Attached picture AB529943-A2D8-484C-B754-7CE746564D6F.jpeg
Attached picture F4B305AA-B820-4E3A-A8B0-9D64207E9166.jpeg
Attached picture E6367B1D-AA8C-43BD-9D1C-D62E7DA20458.jpeg
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/10/22 01:01 AM

Are the wire levers bent?

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/10/22 01:09 AM

Yes they put a special bend in them so the loose jaw lays flat.
Posted By: GWGjr

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/10/22 10:47 AM

On the standard/original K9 Extremes there is a nut/bolt on the bottom of the trap that allows you to slide the pan position forward or back to level the pan. From the picture in Kendall's latest catalog it looks like the wire lever version has that same adjustment feature.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/10/22 05:40 PM

Jrs. too? Or just the extreme?
Posted By: canebrake

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/10/22 10:28 PM

That's a good looking trap. I'm not seeing them on his site though?

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by robert.d12
Jrs. too? Or just the extreme?

If you’re asking if both have the bend in the wire lever I believe they both do. I have the extremes but I believe I saw a video on FB that explained the reasoning for the bend. They lock up tight.

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by canebrake
That's a good looking trap. I'm not seeing them on his site though?

They are in his new catalog. You have to call or mail in the order form.

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by GWGjr
On the standard/original K9 Extremes there is a nut/bolt on the bottom of the trap that allows you to slide the pan position forward or back to level the pan. From the picture in Kendall's latest catalog it looks like the wire lever version has that same adjustment feature.

This is why I love this place. Great info I didn’t even look! Thanks
!

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 05:53 PM

Im going to give the = wire lever JRs a try. Hoping to have them in ground in about 2 weeks

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by steeltraps
Im going to give the = wire lever JRs a try. Hoping to have them in ground in about 2 weeks

I’m eagerly awaiting your review!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/11/22 09:56 PM

IMO, best steel jawed trap sold today.

Best rubber jawed ? Jake trap, sold by J.C. Conner

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/12/22 02:18 PM

IF i could buy 100 or more new MJ 600 Sterlings tomorrow I would But since its not looking like that will ever happen. I may try to run = NO BS JRs with wire levers in Alabama. And just leave 120 MJ 600s in West Texas where I will work. Every year.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/13/22 01:30 AM

IF i could buy 100 or more new MJ 600 Sterlings tomorrow I would But since its not looking like that will ever happen. I may try to run = NO BS JRs with wire levers in Alabama. And just leave 120 MJ 600s in West Texas where I will work. Every year.

I know you run a lot of mj-600's , I also will be looking forward to
you testing them NO BS Trap's.

I'm going to try a dozen each of them Harris Center fire Trap's this year.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/13/22 11:18 AM

Reason why you like the JR over the Extremes?

Re: NO BS K9 Extremes wire lever - 09/13/22 02:01 PM

Pan is more = centered over all in trap. Plus its smaller size for the red clay will help as well. I dont need a big trap to catch coyotes in places I trap. Just need power AND for it to fire
© 2024 Trapperman Forums