Home

USA Foxx problems

Posted By: patrapper1989

USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 06:05 PM

I sent about 10 furs to USA Foxx about 2 years ago now and every time I've called them they say "It's in the tanning stage" and can't give an estimate when it will be done. I know things got crazy with Covid and expected a little more time to receive them but 2 years!? Never again will they get my business and I've sent them a good amount of business over the years. Anyone else having issues? Stay away if you're thinking of using them!
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 06:11 PM

Back to their old shenanigans.

They have quite a reputation.
Posted By: Boco

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 09:39 PM

Funny nobody burnt them out yet.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 09:45 PM

All I've ever heard about them is bad.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 10:37 PM

Had them make the wife a raccoon coat say fifteen years ago and it turned out great and had a great experience with them but that’s the only time I have done business with them
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 10:58 PM

Yea i agree they do nice work, I've had nothing but good experiences with them over the last 8-10 years. Usually about 9mo to a year turnaround time but 2 years and counting? Ridiculous
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/05/23 11:16 PM

Someone at that place needs their arse kicked!!!
Posted By: BRONZEBACK

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 12:42 AM

Wonder if they are having trouble finding help? It took me 8 months to find two qualified employees. Once you find a good employee you best do what you can to keep them!
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 01:00 AM

I have always heard that USA Fox does not do any tanning as is all subbed out to various tanneries. Not sure how well they manage the process but have seen numerous complaints over the years.
Posted By: Northernbeaver

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 01:46 AM

They are a middle man and perform no tanning. A friend of mine was in charge of their shipping and receiving for several years and was very adamant I was to never use them for tanning.

If you want a garment made with fur that is already tanned, they are worthy of your time, from what I'm told.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 01:48 AM

Do a search on here.

WAY to many stories of guys sending top quality specimens, or ultra unique specimens, and never seeing them again.
Posted By: Mitch L

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 03:50 AM

sleepy creek tannery next time. Your situation sucks!
Posted By: WIKA

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/06/23 04:00 PM

I live about an hour from USA Foxx, have heard nothing but poor things about them. Kind of sucks as I would rather drive to them and drop stuff off rather than ship fur. But glad I was talked into sending fur to Moyles. They have been great.
Posted By: CoonNfoxtrapper

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/09/23 04:43 AM

USA Foxx got my furs 3 years ago. Demanded payment a couple months later so I paid them..still to this day i havnt seen a fur back
Every time call they say let me look into it call me back in a few days. Sad part is them 2 beaver were caught by a friend and his kids they were super excited to get them tanned and the mink a buddies kid caught it was killing his chickens every night. Talk about breaking kids hearts what a shame. Wish id of never given usa Foxx a chance.
Posted By: StatelineRunner

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/11/23 09:24 PM

x2
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/15/23 03:59 AM

I didnt know they were still in business. 12-15 years ago i sent them a badger. I have caught a lot of badger in my life and that was the only one I sent to be tanned. HUGE silver fellow. I got back a tiny runt of a thing, mostly black, with a bald spot on its throat area as big as the bottom of a coffee cup. I have not heard anything about them in years.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/21/23 12:16 AM

Didn't they use to advertise in Trapper and Predator calling Magazine???
Posted By: yukonal

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/21/23 02:10 AM

I agree that we've heard alot of bad things about them. In the last 3 years I've had 1 beaver, 2 bleached raccoon, and 1 otter hat done by them. All within a year, and all excellent quality products. Guess I'm lucky, but I'm happy with the work they've done for me.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: USA Foxx problems - 03/27/23 03:19 AM

I met Wayne back in 1985 when he and Jerry were selling their 'new ranch fox genetics that were going to take over the market'

Who was that who said " If it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is ? " laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums