Home

Good Weekend

Posted By: Slipknot

Good Weekend - 03/24/23 12:29 AM

So with rain in the forecast for last Friday here, I took off a half day from work on Thursday and was able to get out in a few sets in. At daylight friday morning I had two coyotes in the box. Both caught on a double dirt hole v trench that Yes Sir posted up about a month ago. I pulled 3 traps off a road because of the rain coming and was not sure I could get back in there in my truck the next morning. After an all day rain I went Saturday morning expecting empty traps but ended up with a coyote and a bobcat. So I headed back to where I pulled the three sets before it rained and was able to get in ok. I found my three previous sets had been worked after the rain that night. With only one night left I reset and added on more set. The next morning out of those four sets I had 3 coyotes all in step down dirt holes. For me that was a good weekend.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 12:44 AM

That is pretty good!!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 12:50 AM

Thats the way to do it Slipknot. Get your field time in as best you can. You did good.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 12:55 AM

If that’s just a pretty good weekend, I want to hear about your great or outstanding weekends!!
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Thats the way to do it Slipknot. Get your field time in as best you can. You did good.

Thanks Mr.Bob if I remember rightly the bobcat was caught on your XXX matrix (cat).
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
If that’s just a pretty good weekend, I want to hear about your great or outstanding weekends!!

That's what I'm thinking!
Posted By: SD Coon Catcher

Re: Good Weekend - 03/24/23 01:53 AM

Great work Slipknot!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums