Home

Old trap question?

Posted By: Duckstick80

Old trap question? - 02/23/19 03:46 AM

I came across some Victor 3n's for sale and this one looks like it might be worth a little more than a 3n. Am I wrong? Thanks.

The pic isn't very good but it's all I have for now.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Old trap question? - 02/23/19 04:20 AM

Those springs are hand forged, which makes the trap more value. However, I don't think that is a true 3N.
Posted By: Duckstick80

Re: Old trap question? - 02/23/19 04:29 AM

Thanks Wissmiss, I think it's a victor cross and pan on a different frame. It's hard to tell by the pics what it is but the frame sticks out past the jaws. I have some flat cross/no patent date Victor's and they don't look like that.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Old trap question? - 02/23/19 06:14 AM

It is defiantly not a Victor. Looks like an early Newhouse or Hart trap with forged springs and the cross and pan have been replaced.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Old trap question? - 02/23/19 03:35 PM

Duckstick, That looks just like a trap I made a deal on. Was in a lot of traps and the seller took my offer for just the one. Just a parts trap but if you are buying it too, I would tend to think something may be a little fishy...

Re: Old trap question? - 03/02/19 07:19 PM

I got the trap in the mail today. I took a chance on there being some good parts.

The GOOD; Complete 10 link all forged chain, Early Newhouse jaws & nuts. And one decent forged spring that has tiny letters and may be a #4 size..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The BAD; Chicken poop welding on the base.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRAPPERL06

Re: Old trap question? - 03/05/19 11:50 PM

Stupid question but Want to sell that chain?

Re: Old trap question? - 03/06/19 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by TRAPPERL06
Stupid question but Want to sell that chain?

I will probably hang on to this chain for awhile. But I do have a few that every other link is cast...
Check your Private Messages.... Dale
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Old trap question? - 03/06/19 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by DiggerDale
I got the trap in the mail today. I took a chance on there being some good parts.

The GOOD; Complete 10 link all forged chain, Early Newhouse jaws & nuts. And one decent forged spring that has tiny letters and may be a #4 size..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The BAD; Chicken poop welding on the base.
[Linked Image]

Just curious Dale,
You said the one spring was decent, they both look good to me and both look like Newhouse springs, just wondering, what's wrong with the other one?

Re: Old trap question? - 03/06/19 02:56 AM

Kevin, The other spring is rusted right on the stamp. And it is quite a bit shorter, more like a #3 size...

I'll have to do some careful measuring of the spring eyes. Could be the nice one is just an extra long #3 spring.
Posted By: PaulB

Re: Old trap question? - 03/06/19 08:13 PM

HEY DALE,,DON"T OVER LOOK THAT RARE NEWHOUSE PAN WITH THE V

Re: Old trap question? - 03/06/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by PaulB
HEY DALE,,DON"T OVER LOOK THAT RARE NEWHOUSE PAN WITH THE V

Best part on that trap!!!!
This is the first NEWVICTORHOUSE #3 I can call my own... grin grin grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums