Home

5 SLICK PAN HELP

Posted By: PaulB

5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/26/20 09:40 PM

CAN ANYONE TELL WHICH MODEL OF SLICK PAN 5 THIS CHAIN WAS USED ON,,,THERE ARE 3 LINKS FROM THE BASE LINK TO THE SWIVEL AND 3 LINKS FROM THE SWIVEL TO THE RING!,,,,ALSO THE RING IS 5 1/2" OUTSIDE MEASUREMENT..,THANK YOU

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/26/20 11:34 PM

Paul, That is the early chain and was used on all models of #5 slick pan Newhouse. The last model slick pan #5's with the cast jaws and teeth could have either that chain or the later chain with the swivel at the base link. All of my slick pan #5's have rings that are 5" to 5 1/4" out side.

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/27/20 12:05 AM

Thank you,,the ring is a full 5 1/2 outside,,4 1/2 inside,,cast teeth and jaws,,,my pre pat 5&15 have exactly the same ring,,I will be taking the slick pan and 15 to a gun show in a couple weeks so am glad to know that about the chain,,,
Posted By: Zagman

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/27/20 11:51 AM

Anyone have an extra spring laying around for a slick pan #5?? I have a trap that went through a fire and has a broken spring because someone tried to fix it.......

MZ
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/27/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by PaulB
Thank you,,the ring is a full 5 1/2 outside,,4 1/2 inside,,cast teeth and jaws,,,my pre pat 5&15 have exactly the same ring,,I will be taking the slick pan and 15 to a gun show in a couple weeks so am glad to know that about the chain,,,

Where is the gun show gonna be??? It would be worth going just to BS with a #5 slick pan owner,,,, grin

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 01/28/20 03:50 AM

Sioux Falls s .d ,,,I got another one I am leaving at home,,come on down, be good to see you again Dale.
Posted By: 160user

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 02/03/20 09:59 PM

Sioux Falls s .d ,,,I got another one I am leaving at home,,come on down, be good to see you again Dale.

Be sure to wear your steel toed boots in case Dale drops his wallet.
grin
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: 5 SLICK PAN HELP - 02/04/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by 160user

Be sure to wear your steel toed boots in case Dale drops his wallet.
grin

When it comes to heavy wallets, them South Dakota - Iowa boys got us Minnesotants beat by a long shot......
© 2024 Trapperman Forums