Home

did victor

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

did victor - 05/20/20 11:26 AM

make a double long spring zero ????
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: did victor - 05/20/20 11:24 PM

Not that I'm aware of - if you think you have one post a photo for us. Pretty sure the size 2 was their smallest dls.
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: did victor - 05/21/20 12:12 AM

Yes, I had several doz. that I sold at trap shows. Oneida Victor, Animal Trap Company #0 Double Long spring. Probably still have a few mixed in with my users, will have to look.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: did victor - 05/21/20 12:16 AM

Learn something every day - would like to see some photos of those.
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: did victor - 05/21/20 09:57 AM

I have one I got on flea bay for $5. Can't copy image and paste for some reason.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: did victor - 05/21/20 04:07 PM

I have a few #0 double long springs, and have seen many over the years. But, I have never seen any advertised in the catalogs. Animal Trap Company did make and advertise a double long spring #1 trap the #11. I have talked to several trappers that said they added a spring to #0s. I believe that the #0 Victor double long spring is a trapper modification. The jaws on these traps are the same on both ends and make it easy and functional to add a spring.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: did victor - 05/22/20 06:16 AM

I think snakecollector is on the right track. Especially concerning the shape of the jaws on a #0 long spring. I don’t recall ever seeing a #0 with asymmetrical jaws.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: did victor - 05/22/20 04:59 PM

Early zeros were different, later permit dual springs. I was waiting for snakecollector's input as he has more catalogs than I do. I have owned so many 0 double longs(used to call them double zeros) that I wonder if they might have been factory assembled at one point but I have no catalogs listing them for sale. I have had numerous trappers proudly proclaim that "they made those' as if awed by his own engineering prowess. Easy to convert from single to double springs and a fairly useful inexpensive trap for small footed critters. Unless someone finds a catalog listing offering double zeros commercially, I will continue to suspect that all existant were trapper rejiggered.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: did victor - 05/29/20 11:33 AM

thanks guys , I thought ,like you that some one just added a spring
© 2024 Trapperman Forums