Home

Donnie bush book

Posted By: mike mc murray

Donnie bush book - 01/25/21 05:05 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew when Donnie Bush started selling New house book??
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/25/21 05:18 PM

Internet says it was published in January 1982.
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/25/21 06:19 PM

Thanks gulo
Posted By: goldminer

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/26/21 06:13 PM

If anyone is looking to purchase this book, it's available from thrift books for $22 and change.
Posted By: reiny

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/28/21 10:10 PM

I searched for Donnies book on “ThriftBooks” site. Couldn’t find it. Maybe I’m using the wrong title.
Can you provide the exact title please?
I’ve got one of Donnies marked Newhouse traps.
I’d like to get a copy.

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 02:29 AM

Let me do some more resaearch

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 03:01 AM

I looked it up again and they were sold out I'm looking for other copies and will let you know what I find.

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 02:20 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Donnie marked his pan and stamped the wedge on both sides as well.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 04:17 PM

Who is Donnie Bush and what is his significance?
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 06:42 PM

Donnie Bush was a trap collector and authored a book/price guide early in trap collecting. The book he sold was a pretty off the wall Newhouse trap collectors guide. Some things he stated in the guide created controversy in the trap collecting community because they were not accurate. His books are VERY scarce and desirable. The chances of finding one are like finding hens teeth. Great trap REINY. Maybe you could add to what I have offered and history you know on the trap.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 08:02 PM

I have seen reprints of this book, be careful if you are spending very much on one. I do not believe that they are marked as reprints. Like anything else of value, there are fakes.

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 09:33 PM

I picked this trap up years ago. Thinking it was from a collector who advertised it in NATCA magazine. In the sellers description, he indicated these Newhouse 81 1/2’s were his favorites for mink. By the pitting on the pan, it’s likely this trap was one of his users.
Markings are a bit obscure but it’s pan stamping is D&L BUSH.
Have no idea what or who the (&L) stood for.
Posted By: trapper_Bob

Re: Donnie bush book - 01/29/21 10:40 PM

Most copies of the original book have a number on the inside on one of the pages.

Re: Donnie bush book - 02/01/21 09:06 PM

I found a copy for sale but the seller is not sure of the value. He thought he paid $100 for it but he is not sure. He got it from Donnie and he is mentioned in the book. I would buy it and make copies for myself just for the information as I'm not a literature collector and then sell it for what I paid for it, if interested. Can anyone provide a current value?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums