Home

Russian Trap

Posted By: Gulo

Russian Trap - 02/10/21 07:13 PM

Here are a couple of images I recently took of a small (No. 1-sized) trap that I brought back from Russia in 2001. We used them for byelka (squirrel) traps mainly, but I know folks over there that used them for sable and American mink. Nothing stamped on the pan, and no chains attached. I suspect they were imports from China. Just thought some might be interested in looking. They are poorly made and fairly weak, although I had 2 dozen over there that I bought brand new for many thousands of rubles, but with the exchange rate, they were the equivalent of about $0.35 apiece.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jack
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Russian Trap - 02/10/21 10:04 PM

Cool looking spring. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Russian Trap - 02/10/21 11:45 PM

Thanks for sharing your picture.
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: Russian Trap - 04/04/21 04:05 PM

You are wrong, it is a good and powerful trap. These traps have been used to catch sables all over Russia for over 50 years.To set this trap on a sable you don't need chain. I will show you a photo of the installation of the trap later.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Russian Trap - 04/04/21 10:29 PM

KOSOI -

I'd really like to see the set-up. Thank you. Are those traps made in Russia, or are they Chinese imports?

Jack

Re: Russian Trap - 04/05/21 02:27 AM

These traps are made in Russia. in the city of Barnaul.

Re: Russian Trap - 04/07/21 05:37 AM

nails a branch to a tree trunk [Linked Image]
then serez the swivel we nail the trap [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

bait is hung for the place of the glove [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper Pete

Re: Russian Trap - 04/07/21 12:57 PM

Good pictures thanks!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Russian Trap - 04/13/21 06:14 AM

A trap set like that here would catch a bunch of birds.
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Russian Trap - 04/14/21 02:49 AM

Maybe he made the set in open for demonstration. Set in under a spruce tree that set would produce in marten country Iam sure. Not a super quick death but I like it a simple easy set that remains in the bush. I see hemo in Alaska use a set very simular in the open also.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums