Home

New to forum, not new to trapping

Posted By: purplebuck

New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/06/12 02:35 PM

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself to all of you on this forum. My name is Mike, and I am from the Brookville, Ohio area. I have been trapping since I was about 10 and recently retired from teaching. I have been doing nuisance work on the side for years and have recently opened my own business doing the same. I am open to advice or suggestions as I go forward with this venture. I am stronger on the trapping experience side and weaker on the business side, but look forward to the challenge. Hope to posts a few pics as soon as I can get some loaded. Thanks in advance!

Mike
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/06/12 02:54 PM

Mike, you already have a jump on the rest of us. The most important part of this business is customer communication. Since you've been a teacher, you've had plenty of experience. You'll probably miss the kids but I bet you won't miss the parents.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/09/12 06:42 PM

Welcome to the ADC World Mike... You will find Loads of awesome Information Here and lots of Really Nice Guys who will help with the learning curve.

-Scott Balts
aka:330-Trapper wink

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/15/12 01:36 PM

Thanks so much! I have already found that to be so here. Not just on forum postings, but PM's. I have had the good fortune to get to work with LT recently. I have worked with wildlife for over 40 years and I am amazed at how much there is to learn. Humbled at the learning curve! Loving every minute of it though. Right now I am checking out some of the archives and lurking around checking various topics. Thanks for the help and encouragement. LT, you are amazing.
Mike Buchanan
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/15/12 03:29 PM

Hey, I was taught by one of the greatest trappers of all time, Noah! He even threw in some lessons on boat building. I still don't know squat.
Posted By: ProLine

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/17/12 02:45 AM

welcome to the business world and ADC

Re: New to forum, not new to trapping - 03/17/12 01:04 PM

Thank you Proline! My sister lived in Cicero for years though now in Florida. You are only an hour and a half from me.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums