Home

Trying To Save Money On Gas?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/23/12 08:09 PM

President Obama has come up with the perfect ( Government ) solution. Buy a Chevy Volt! It costs more than three times as much to buy, costs more than 7 times as much to run, and takes three times as long to go across the country.

Sounds like a Government solution to me.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/23/12 08:44 PM

Assuming, of course, it doesn't burst into flames and incinerate you.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/23/12 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: BigBob
Assuming, of course, it doesn't burst into flames and incernate you.

Will be incinerating liberals. They should be out front, setting an example for us dirt people.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 01:35 AM

It could be faster to walk across it only goes 14 miles then needs charge , GM told them it wouldn't work , they just shut the volt plant down , GM coming out with anew truck in aug that's going to blow your mind
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 01:57 PM

Their trucks don,t hold up now to off-road use, how can we expect better.

Got to be a highway truck.

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 02:12 PM

GM has partnered with Westport there coming out with a new truck engine that's high tec and runs on natural gas or reg gas . The natural gas can be filled right at your house for under a buck a gallon , burns clean and motor last 3 times longer with 1/3 oil changes needed , over the next 5 years it will be normal for us to run on domestic natural gas , just like the oil rich country's do now
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 02:53 PM

I mentioned this natural gas post to one of my best friends who also owns his own garage. He told me that years ago he took a course to install natural gas conversions. To this day he has never done a single one and he has no idea why. He spouted the same statistics that Pesky just did. Cheaper, cleaner, and longer lasting.

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 07:06 PM

Around here some corporations have fleet conversions to NG. Always wondered if it was feasible for an idividual.
Posted By: moleman

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/24/12 11:17 PM

I think they said GM & Westport were coming out in August with that truck. Some one said it will run on NG or regular. Hope it's a good one for us if true.

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/25/12 10:10 PM

Here's something to ponder, How long will it be before states that have a fuel tax (likely ALL of them) to keep up the roads/bridges etc, catch on, and start some kind of scheme to collect fuel taxes on NG. Will you have to have a seperate meters for the house/vehicle pump? Hmmmmm.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/26/12 02:25 PM

You can try to water it down... laugh

Re: Trying To Save Money On Gas? - 03/28/12 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: BigBob
Here's something to ponder, How long will it be before states that have a fuel tax (likely ALL of them) to keep up the roads/bridges etc, catch on, and start some kind of scheme to collect fuel taxes on NG. Will you have to have a seperate meters for the house/vehicle pump? Hmmmmm.
You have to pay a flat tax now on it , Honda makes a CNG car in Ohio the info is on there web site , the best thing about ng it's domestic your not sending money out of the country , it's jobs here in the USA ,
© 2024 Trapperman Forums