Home

This Is What You Call Desperation

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/26/12 01:35 AM

One of our guys broke his knee cap and another one quit. ( Thank the Lord ) This leaves us in a very difficult position in our busiest season. So how did our company handle the situation? They put me back out in the field.

Now you guys know that I should never be allowed on a computer, much less driving a vehicle in rush hour traffic! You can hear the new guy that I'm supposed to be training, cry like a baby, every time I enter a new lane of traffic. We need your prayers!
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/26/12 02:06 AM

All ladder jobs are booked up until Nov. 12, 2012

Re: This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/27/12 01:06 AM

Phil, some guys will probably not get that one but I'm sure my wife did.
Posted By: Mike Flick

Re: This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/27/12 05:04 PM

I started working ADC after I broke my knee with a chain binder. No ladder work, but ground trapping with a cast up to my hip. Get that guy back in the game.

Re: This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/27/12 08:31 PM

Mike, had a customer in his eighties ask me how old I was and did I like working full time again.

I told him that I would be 70 in December and that at my age it's kind of fun to still be appreciated. On my next job, a Fleet & Farm store, the guy we deal with, indicated that I was a step up from the younger guys. ( I had a hard time getting my head to fit through the doorway of the truck )

Now don't get me wrong; the guy that got hurt is a really good employee. But there is a difference between guys like you and I and the normal run of people. I walked out of a hospital three days later, after falling two stories and landing on my head. If I wasn't such a wuss, I'd have only spent one day.
Posted By: Mike Flick

Re: This Is What You Call Desperation - 05/28/12 12:17 AM

I hope I am still in the field in 23 years Paul. My ladder gets heavier every day, and Im wondering when I will need a full time guy just to help me set it and put it up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums