Home

Gloves for protection

Posted By: Joshc

Gloves for protection - 06/25/12 11:22 PM

Hi im not new to trapping but im new to this business and i've been in a few situations where I could grab babys I just dont want get bit by mamma and be protected. Some have told me welding gloves but I find that hard to beleieve. Any advice would help thanks
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/26/12 12:01 AM

Board Rules
Quote:
Welcome to the Trapperman.com forums.

Your location must be displayed in your profile. As a minimum, you need to show your state or province.

Keep in mind this is a family oriented forum. We welcome kids in here so that they may be given a chance to learn good ethical trapping habits.

Personal attacks, disguised curse words, soliciting, and bad character are things that won't be tolerated on these forums. If you can't abide by these rules, there's no sense in registering.

Anti trappers are not welcome here.

Also, No Profanity, No Politics and No Advertising is allowed.
Posted By: WTWC

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/26/12 04:19 PM

I want gloves to keep the gators from biting my arms off
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/26/12 08:14 PM

Just grab them by the tail and if they start up at you just give them a light shake ,

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 03:44 AM

No billy doesn't have that kinda common sence that's why he is always getting bitten . I learned that from John Dixon hes considerd one of the best and considerd the best by most company's around here . He grabs adult coons by the tail every chance he gets . They can't get you if there hanging by there tail . Nice to see old school guys getting it done
Posted By: TJP

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Just grab them by the tail and if they start up at you just give them a light shake ,

Did you learn this move from Billy!!

No that's a turtleman move!
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 03:38 PM

Pesky. Will you post a video of that?
Posted By: TimsWildlifeCtrl

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 04:06 PM

I have used welding gloves to remove kitten coons. It dose great for them. I don't know about what mama would do to them though. I don't think she would be able to get through the leather but you would defiantly know you've been bit.

Animal handling gloves are great but their around $100 per pair. You can get welding gloves for around $20 per pair. I would use the gloves for the young ones and a catch pole or net for the adults, man.

Good part about grabbing the babies when you see them; remove the young ones and mama will leave. At least it's that way with coons and coyotes.

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Animals Only
Originally Posted By: Animals Only
Sure I can post a video on the tail grab and stuff . The stuff part is getting them into the cage

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/27/12 04:36 PM

You could double up a pair and make them twice as thick
Posted By: Baxter

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/29/12 02:31 AM

Pesky I used your mOve today. I was chasing a coon down the middle of the road and tail grabbed him.
Worked great. I would have used my catch pole but it had another coon attached to it.

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/30/12 01:58 AM

Awesome brother saves time to . Great you didn't let that money just run away
Posted By: Baxter

Re: Gloves for protection - 06/30/12 07:08 AM

The real money was trying to leave with my catch pole. Good thing it slowed him down.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums