Home

Seems Like a Slow News Day Here

Posted By: Phil Nichols

Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/20/12 03:11 AM

Temps high. We thought we were in the clear, no calls, watching movies, cuddling in the A/C, but at 3:30 got a pick up an animal call. Arrggghhhh.

Very slow job wise - like one call a day.
Posted By: WTWC

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/20/12 03:16 AM

Same here. Everyone's on vacation and it's been raining all week. Just the armadillos trickling in.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/21/12 04:34 AM

Just died here for me , still getting a few of them what how much calls . Bid three bat jobs the last two days and dint get them and I bid them to sell to . . Set five coon traps at the Chrysler stamping plant caught three the first and the works let them go just before I got there . Job loss and house foreclosing is still going strong . Setup a rabbit job and had the pan tension to high so he just eat up my bait . Rebaited to and adjusted tension should have a possum ,I figur by mourning . I figur going into the second week of aug it should be cracking good again I hope . Need more by winter or it's going to be a cold one
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/21/12 08:26 PM

Um Pesky, I have recently talked to your local competition, ( As a matter of fact, one of them bought me lunch here in Wisconsin ) and I hate to break the news but, these guys have been making big bucks in your area. Here's a clue: Professionalism seeks professionalism!

P.S. No more Free Trapper (You have to charge)
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/21/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Um Pesky, I have recently talked to your local competition, ( As a matter of fact, one of them bought me lunch here in Wisconsin ) and I hate to break the news but, these guys have been making big bucks in your area. Here's a clue: Professionalism seeks professionalism!

P.S. No more Free Trapper (You have to charge)

Paul and Ryan, I consider both of you old friends. we on the same TEAM?

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/21/12 11:04 PM

Don't worry Phil, Pesky and I get along just fine. ( If not here then on another forum ) I thought his congratulatory post on how I have a new grandson to listen to all my stories, was special.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/23/12 01:16 AM

Weird.

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/23/12 08:29 PM

Well come on Dave, weird, special, that's just semantics.( Now I've got guys muttering in the background, " Now Winkelmann's using big words again )
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/23/12 09:40 PM

Sorry....it seems weird that one would be slow in one of the busiest months of the year. I am stumped.

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/23/12 10:57 PM

Yeah Dave, you're right. I didn't know what to expect in the worst drought we've possibly ever had, but it sure hasn't slowed us down any. What about the rest of you? Up, down, the same? I know this heat wave covers a lot of the nation.
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/23/12 11:20 PM

we r still putting along like any other year
Posted By: G Hanold

Re: Seems Like a Slow News Day Here - 07/24/12 02:47 AM

It's slowed down just a bit for me. But I'm still busy, just a little breathing time. Earlier I couldn't keep up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums