Home

Thank you and a update

Posted By: Jonesie

Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 01:30 AM

I would like to take the time to really thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for my son.
He went from not knowing if he was going to live 3 weeks ago. 6 days in ICU 3 operations brain swelling, bleeding kidney, a 3inch hole in his chest and shoulder, to going with me tonight and work the labs.
He was to be laid up for 4 to 6 months now they tell him he can go back to work within 3 months.
The doc’s all say he is healing so fast. The only thing we have to worry about is where the collor bone was exposed for 5 days it may get an infection we will not know that till another few weeks when we get the next set of x-rays. Part of his collar bone is missing, I told him it is most likely out on the road and a coyote came along and ate it , but they was able to cut the bad spot out and pull it together then place a plate and screws in there. He lost an inch on the length of his shoulder. No skin grafts or muscle flaps was needed like was expected.
Doc told him to stay off the horses till September and maybe the rodeo will have to wait till next year. LOL but should have most of his movement back so he will be able to rope again.
I have to give God all the Glory here; he gave the docs the ability to do a great job. The many folks and churches across the country that was and is praying for him. Thank you all for the many p.m.’s calls emails and just plain concern thank you from my wife and I
Ron Jones
Posted By: bic

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 01:45 AM

Great news and testimony!
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 02:01 AM

So glad to hear the good news! I knew he'd ride again!
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 01:02 PM

very glad to hear that he's doing better!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 01:20 PM

Continued Prayers Ron!
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/24/12 02:20 PM

Glad to hear it Ron.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 01:55 AM

Ropin' injury, eh? I've sprained an ankle, and busted my hand on my horse (or, well, falling off). Not in competition, tho.
Good news, anyway.

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 02:30 AM

no motor cycle accident

here is a pic of him now
Posted By: pnwmtnmn

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 06:56 AM

Ouch!
Posted By: ted b

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 10:18 AM

Ron tell him I'll buy 925 back from hin and his shoulder to short for the 10 so I'll just keep it. No i'll try get a hold of you or him tonite.Glad to see he is back up right

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 01:53 PM

Ted give a call. he said the 935 will be just fine by the end of the season LOL

as you can see when his head went through the side window it bounce back out and the window frame did that to the shoulder put him in the air and he went 20 30 feet. If his head had not bounced back out well nough said.

thank you guys
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/25/12 09:26 PM

Hey Jonesie, if the saying that " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", a lot of us would be in the Olympics. I'll just be content with a few " Thank You Lord, " prayers.

Re: Thank you and a update - 07/26/12 03:00 AM

Paul he for the first time opened up to night about it. he is like his ole man what scares ya never gets talked about but he told a few that said he was lucky, his reply was no luck just GOD
© 2024 Trapperman Forums