Home

Concealed carry while on the job

Posted By: Tyson A

Concealed carry while on the job - 10/24/12 01:53 AM

I'm not asking who does and who doesn't, I know some are very hush about this. Just wanted some input on the topic from different people in different areas. I know laws differ greatly in some states.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/24/12 02:31 AM

Do as you must but for me never in a customer's home. What's in the truck is my business.
Posted By: mtncat

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/24/12 04:55 AM

Sometimes in the open sometimes not, but always 24/7/365. I'm in a bit of a different situation then most folks though as 99% of my calls are in rural areas and the clients are quite frequently armed also.
Posted By: sgs

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/24/12 12:29 PM

If I'm actually carrying concealed, it goes with me everywhere with a few exceptions. Courthouse and the Federal Building are a no no and I wont bring a firearm onto school property even if it is stashed in the vehicle.
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/24/12 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: warrior
Do as you must but for me never in a customer's home. What's in the truck is my business.

X2
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/25/12 12:44 AM

Illegal in my state.
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/25/12 02:20 AM

I say if it's legal carry it but carry it concealed like the permit says. I can't believe the number of people who have a permit but want to carry in the open. Defeating the whole purpose of carrying what is probably some type of small gun. My customers will never know I am carrying unless they need to. If someone comes to my house to work I don't want to see their gun and if I do I probably won't use them again.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/31/12 04:32 AM

To quote the immortal Karl Malden, "Don't leave home without it"!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/31/12 08:55 PM

If someone comes to my house to work I don't want to see their gun and if I do I probably won't use them again. [/quote]
Why is that, Paul?
Posted By: ProLine

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 10/31/12 11:34 PM

I agree with the TRAPPERPaw guy. Reason: RESPECT
Posted By: AJE

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 08/25/19 04:32 AM

Concealed carrying is a great idea.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 08/25/19 01:41 PM

No one know if I am or not. No open carry for me.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 08/25/19 01:56 PM

I do both. I live near a college town and I know there are a lot of snowflakes where I have to work. Generally speaking if I know I'm going on property where I will be near college kids I carry concealed. I always have a button shirt in the truck if I need to cover it up. If I'm out in public, I open carry. Either way, it's my right and I will not be intimidated by some whiny &$$ snowflake. I like to mock them when they do start their crap. Lots of fun.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 08/25/19 06:43 PM

Dave, don't ask me! I've had a permit since day one. I've also got holsters and the right sized guns. I have never carried yet. I keep getting poked in the rear end by that huge wallet full of cash; I don't need any more stuff poking me!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 08/26/19 08:24 PM

It's really STUNNING, how many knuckleheads are taking firearms and other weapons into airports in carry on bags!!!!!
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 09/06/19 09:12 AM

A couple customers who own large acreage and who do not know each other have both asked me if I have a permit and carry. I asked why. They both said that they wanted to know that I was protected when on their property because anything can happen. Their vague answer was a little strange.

Does each state allow a trapper to carry a loaded handgun when trapping? In Ohio a hunter or trapper who is lawfully hunting or trapping is permitted to carry a handgun in a holster on a belt in plain sight. Does that mean that if the same person had a permit that he could also carry another gun concealed?

When a person has a permit, how many guns can he carry concealed? One in a shoulder holster, one in the pants waistband, one in a pants pocket, one in an ankle holster?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 09/06/19 12:19 PM

In Mi. we have open carry law. I you have a concealed permit I do see way you couldn't carry concealed. How many you can carry I do not know. Good question?
Posted By: Muddawg

Re: Concealed carry while on the job - 09/16/19 02:37 PM

I found one reply that disturbed me a little, explaining why he carrys all the time, "... 99% of my calls are in rural areas and the clients are quite frequently armed also." Ahm... I just got to ask, do you carry because you don't trust your customers? .... Dude! That's messed up!

No. I do not carry simply because of the hassel involved. I do not want it with me if I'm crawling under a house or inside and attic. Don't particularly want it on me if I'm up and down a ladder. I've already got enough I have to carry to do the job. When I'm working with hardware cloth, it's already grabbing onto everything. A gun would just give it more to snag onto.

If I have to take it off to go inside a public building, then I worry about it being stolen from my truck. Taking it off at a job site just increases the chance that I may drop it, damage it or even loose it alltogether.

No. I leave my sidearms at home where they are safe. I may at times have an old dispatch rifle hanging in the truck, but that's plenty enough for me to worry about.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums