Home

Monster Opossum in a window well

Posted By: Mike Flick

Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:01 PM

I was ready to go out to dinner when this call came in from down the block! http://youtu.be/Wb2LVY4i0dA
Posted By: mchitwood

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:13 PM

Nice one!
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:36 PM

Can't remember the last time I saw an opossum! Nice plump one!
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:40 PM

Now that really was a huge opossum !!
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:55 PM

Nice possum mike! Now sell her a window well cover

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 09:59 PM

I'd rather let someone else make that Kasey. It was way too cold out for me, and Im kinda not so cold friendly.
Posted By: Terrier

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 10:07 PM

"You're just gonna go down in there?!?!"

Too funny! grin

I caught a 20 lb.er once and the one in the video looks like it would dwarf it!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 10:52 PM

Mike, I never do that anymore. ( Unless the customer's not present ) They feel that they are not getting what they paid for when you make it look too easy. When you get them growling and hissing and jump out of the window well, then the customer thinks they hired the right guy. I've never been bitten by on opie but a friend of mine showed me his scar, which is probably the reason why.

I did have a customer, with a similar window well, ask my the skunk kept spraying, since it was never bothered. I told her that the snapping turtle that was also caught in the window well, might have a lot to do with it!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 11:25 PM

A few years ago and older lady call and said there was something making a lot of noise near her porch. When I arrive, no noise. Looked all over the place, in crawl space,under the porch. Nothing, about 45 minutes later it made a noise. I had to smile, it was a tree frog and it was in the door. It was a alum. door and there was a opening at the bottom. I had looked in all the plants etc. When I give her the bill she look at me, lets say in a different way. I said to bad it didn't have big teeth and snap at us. Then she just smiled.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/12/13 11:35 PM

Well at least you were smart enough to figure out that it was a tree frog. I had one that sounded so much like a baby raccoon that I didn't know it was a tree frog until I finally saw it. ( Talk about embarrassing; there goes my Master Technician's License )
Posted By: John Pearson

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/13/13 02:27 AM

LOL!
Posted By: possum-smacker

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/13/13 10:19 PM

were u the exterminator??????
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: NE Wildlife
Nice possum mike! Now sell her a window well cover

I wonder if those basement escape wells (basically, they're fire escapes, required by code) can be covered, or is that against code?
Posted By: ProLine

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 03:48 AM

great example of what should have been done!!!

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 03:56 AM

If you are hard up for work again Ill send you the grid coordinates and you can show us how Proline!! I got no time for playing Bob the builder. My book is full for 2 weeks doing big money bat work!!

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 04:13 AM

I am saying you did exactly what i would have done and you handled the customers questions very well!! truthful and solved her problem. Great video! I think that is what should be done on these issues. You solved the immediate problem, put the customer at ease, and also recommended the long term solution. Great job.

Tim

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 04:20 AM

What do you mean hard up for work again,? LOL I have been avoiding work for over ten years, LOL Never have wanted more.

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 04:30 AM

Im sorry Proline. I took it wrong, and probobly too much cafine.

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 04:42 AM

No such thing as too much cafine!
Posted By: sgs

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 12:37 PM

Did you charge by the pound?

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/14/13 02:41 PM

No sgs, But i wish I had. Believe it or not, the humane society refered me this one. It was in a good neighborhood and shes a talker. I know a golden opportunity when I see one. LOL!
Posted By: WTWC

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/15/13 01:24 AM

Good Lord! Keep that one away from the candy!
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/15/13 01:30 AM

Mounted hanging by his tail in the corner of the office would look real cool !!

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/15/13 12:37 PM

That would be a conversation piece wouldnt it?
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/15/13 12:45 PM

Very nice 'possum by the way! Boon and Crocket? Noticed the caption, "while you were going to dinner." Seems impossible to go anywhere without either checking a trap or picking up a critter, rarely a dinner without a distraction. Always good to keep hip boots, catch pole etc. handy as the calls often come enroute.

We don't have many coon here. When we get a call and people are trying desperately to describe the critter, we explain that the animals are color coded for convenience, gray='possum, black and white=skunk, brown=chuck. Usually pretty close.

Looks to be June-July?

Re: Monster Opossum in a window well - 03/15/13 11:14 PM

I get lots of calls from Brooklyn and Queens for coons, but mostly squirrels.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums