Home

OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE?

Posted By: BUD25

OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/16/13 02:15 AM

anyone here use it? heard there was a lot of hype from a couple.... what do they look like? for sale?
Posted By: Rugged

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/16/13 02:28 AM

Do you mean the one advertised in wildlife control supply-its the only one I know of.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/16/13 06:42 AM

are they not free with every trap?

if not i hove over two hundred I will sell cheap...

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/16/13 07:49 PM

Tony apparently came up with a modified speed tool for OOS...
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/16/13 08:17 PM

He made this announcement on 8 Mar 12- http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...at#Post3062849. I haven’t heard or seen any more about it on this site or his.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/18/13 03:13 PM

I have 2, a left one and a right one! lol

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/18/13 03:33 PM

Nice, I set all of mine bare handed as well, but my employee doesn't. If there's something to work smarter not harder, I'd like to own it
Posted By: warrior

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 12:43 AM

Bud, that is one trap that needs a better setting tool. If I had to grab an off the shelf tool to modify I would look to a set of welding visegrips.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 11:56 AM

220 bodygip setting tool?
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 03:16 PM

Using mine every day now...

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 03:18 PM

You take 20 traps and I'll take 20 and I'll be waiting on you in the truck...

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: LT GREY
You take 20 traps and I'll take 20 and I'll be waiting on you in the truck...

Ill take that challenge
Posted By: Getting There

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 05:10 PM

Let see a video of the challenge. Who can set 10 OOS the fastest.
By hand first then using a 220 bodygrip setter.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Everet
Let see a video of the challenge. Who can set 10 OOS the fastest.
By hand first then using a 220 bodygrip setter.

Pretty sure he doesn't use a coni setter.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 10:52 PM

I would be more concerned and impressed with who sets the most productive sets not how fast the trap can be set.

In my humble opinion.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 11:27 PM

I love a good competition, but am still wanting to see this "new tool"
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/19/13 11:41 PM

It basically is a jaw pattern cutting tool I believe.
Posted By: MoFarmBoy

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/20/13 03:17 AM

Good Lord, don't we have enough crap to haul around, already? I always have my setter, it's at the aft end of my ever-present garden trowel. After thousands of settings, the wood is starting to wear away. Takes 3 seconds to set.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/20/13 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I would be more concerned and impressed with who sets the most productive sets not how fast the trap can be set.

In my humble opinion.

Bob:
I have to agree but the subject was about a OOS speed setting tool.
Posted By: MoFarmBoy

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/20/13 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I would be more concerned and impressed with who sets the most productive sets not how fast the trap can be set

Quantity is a function of time. I can set the most productive sets if I set fast.
grin

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/20/13 01:55 PM

Not to be confused...and so you aren't.

My tool DOES NOT set the actual trap...every trap I set is done by hand, whether it's a spear trap, an OOS, Steve Albano's traps etc.

What the tool I designed does... is cut out a perfect pattern to "speed set" the actual trap ( an OOS made by Victor/ Woodstream )
in a surface run. It is a quick punch that allows the trap to be set easily and perfect (almost) every time.

The tool is designed for surface runs only. If the damage is deep runs, it will still require you to dig...so this tool would not be as productive in that situation.

I have trained those who went on to become professional mole trappers out of men who had never even set a mole trap, with an hours training and using this tool.

Bob Jameson has seen the design. I showed him personally, because I trust him and his judgement.
I haven't showed it to everyone because I've already had several people try to steal and market the designs I make.

In all fairness I can put in a set, and to give Bobby J credit, a productive set, much faster than you can...

And do I mean one set, as if we are racing ?
No, I mean an entire yard, and the next one and the next one and the one after that !

I do mole service for a living...at least part of it, so I know what it takes to do it with ease and to not be worn out, day in and day out.

The tool was designed to cut out the bed, set the trigger depth slot and allow the trap to be properly placed within seconds...

In truth, If the yard damage in entirely surface runs, then can set up an entire yard much faster than you...and I wouldn't care who you were...is that because I'm a better mole trapper ?
No, I just have a better tool.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/20/13 04:18 PM

Very cool man, thanks for the response.
Posted By: supercoonboy

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/21/13 02:20 AM

Where do I get this tool?

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/21/13 02:38 PM

Well, there's a little history behind that tool...

It was originally developed by me over 12 years ago to set OOS mole traps in muddy conditions.
The first one was made of steel and was heavy. Later I took it to a tool maker and had one designed out of Aircraft aluminum,
which are what we make today.
It is very light weight, which an adjustable handle and almost indestructible.
It is, as said, a tool that will help a mole trapper set surface runs with ease, as well as speed.
These were/are all hand made and if taken care of, a lifetime tool.

I used mine yesterday and we currently have snow covered ground (light ) and freezing temps at night , but I continue to set mole traps and catch moles...
If a mole breaks the surface, it can be killed, regardless of weather conditions.
Are there a few tricks to this?
To be sure!
When I show people how easy it is to catch moles with this tool, you know they HAVE TO have one.
It makes one's job so much easier.
I am currently looking for a company to produce these tools, as I have had a demand for them for quite some time.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/21/13 02:55 PM

Let us know when you find a company to produce them. I am interested in one!

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/21/13 04:31 PM

I was thinking, the market base is pretty small. Most John doe citizens would not buy one. I do not think there are more than 300 ADC worker in every State. You would only sell one or two to any one person that does ADC work and not all ADC trapper use OOS traps or trap moles. I do not know what the over sea's marked would be, I do not know if they use OOS. You may have to do as Steve A. has done and do it yourself. Good luck!
Posted By: red 1

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 12:05 AM

LT, your PM box is full. If you get a chance, PM me.
Posted By: coast trapper

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 02:00 AM

On the golf course I seldom get to trap surface runs and if I do it is normally an area about 10 feet square that looks like a spider web and nothing long enough to justify setting a trap. The exception is around the "T" box then oos traps work for me. I wonder if the lack of surface runs is because of my location on the Oregon coast. The one that really gets me is a mound in the middle of a fairway 40 yards from the edge and no other mounds within a nine iron shot. The run usually goes down about 12 inches or more. Makes it hard to find the it. Also golfers give you a look like, "what are you digging holes in the fairway for?" Get out of my way, I want to play.
Posted By: Rugged

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 02:12 AM

Its like hanging a carrot in front of a mule.LOL-OKAY I'VE GOT TO HAVE ONE TOO!
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 04:09 AM

I lay them on there side and step on them or use the sleepy creek aluminum conibear setter and set them pretty quick. If I ws going to use the issued setters I woul paint them orange. I would like to see that tool that would make it easier.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 10:06 PM

I was thinking, the market base is pretty small. Most John doe citizens would not buy one. I do not think there are more than 300 ADC worker in every State. You would only sell one or two to any one person that does ADC work and not all ADC trapper use OOS traps or trap moles. I do not know what the over sea's marked would be, I do not know if they use OOS. You may have to do as Steve A. has done and do it yourself. Good luck!

Well for starters... You wouldn't want "Joe Q Public" to have access to a tool like this...
If you did, they wouldn't need you !

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 10:11 PM

Well for starters... You wouldn't want "Joe Q Public" to have access to a tool like this...
If you did, they wouldn't need you !

Very true,

Heck if you had em made I'd even buy one!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/22/13 10:13 PM

Wow, 3 million Joe Q Publics just read this post and are ready to order.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/24/13 06:38 PM

I wouldn't sell a tool like this to the public.
I trap moles for an income too, so I'm not looking to educate homeowners on how easy mole trapping is and I wouldn't want
your customers to have access to a tool like this any more than I would mine.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/25/13 01:34 AM

so make payment to?

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/25/13 04:05 AM

I wouldn't sell a tool like this to the public.
I trap moles for an income too, so I'm not looking to educate homeowners on how easy mole trapping is and I wouldn't want
your customers to have access to a tool like this any more than I would mine.

Like Paul said, now you just told 3 million Joe Q public how easy it is to catch moles. LOL We all know it is not just how you set the trap but where.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 07:44 AM

Truism !
Posted By: WendellR

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 06:31 PM

How many do you want made?
Posted By: wiggler

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 09:35 PM

i dont even own a OOS trap and now i want a setter... i should get the traps first.. but hey.. best to be prepared.

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 10:19 PM

By the looks of the on running pictures above, you want to take a break... laugh

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 10:27 PM

i was having a bad day... cry cool
Posted By: supercoonboy

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/27/13 10:47 PM

Seriously where do I get the new tool?

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/28/13 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: wiggler
i dont even own a OOS trap and now i want a setter... i should get the traps first.. but hey.. best to be prepared.
I could help you out with the traps. smile

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/28/13 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: BUD25
Originally Posted By: wiggler
I could help you out with the traps. smile

i know bud... grin ive been thinking about getting some... BUT im having such good luck with Steve's trap that i find no need for more... yet.. i seem to want what i dont have. does it come with the "super-setter" tool? whistle
Posted By: TRapper

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/28/13 04:51 PM

the setters that come with the trap is all i need, i can set the trap, fire off to clear rocks, make the mound, and reset trap in position and cover in 30 seconds or less, that is good enough for me

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/28/13 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: TRapper
the setters that come with the trap is all i need, i can set the trap, fire off to clear rocks, make the mound, and reset trap in position and cover in 30 seconds or less, that is good enough for me

Joshua:
I can't even get down and up in 30 seconds. LOL

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/29/13 04:28 AM

. i seem to want what i dont have. does it come with the "super-setter" tool?

Sure wink

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/29/13 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BUD25
. i seem to want what i dont have. does it come with the "super-setter" tool?

Sure wink

i somehow sense this may be a slight of hand operation... shocked

Re: OOS SPEED SETTING TOOL.... ANYONE? - 03/31/13 04:49 AM

I'm sure Tony will sell ya one... Can I get one in camoflauge?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums