Home

We are all going to be out of business

Posted By: Alpha Backflow

We are all going to be out of business - 06/30/13 09:39 PM

Raccoons dont like mint? lol

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...-204646981.html
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 06/30/13 10:57 PM

LOL, You would think it would be moth ball scented...
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/01/13 12:23 AM

I'm with the raccoons. I don't like mint either. Unfortunately Walmart doesn't mention anything about these bags being tested against skunks, opossums, squirrels, cats, dogs, and the occasional vagrant.

Of course, after the stuff is all scattered, the raccoons will scatter it even more. It's bad enough that they are forced to wear a mask on their face, now they need one on their nose as well. What until PETA hears about this!
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/01/13 01:56 AM

If it was that easy we would all be installing attic insulation filled with peppermint leaves .

We used to use essence of peppermint oil as a rat repellent for sensitive accounts.

Sensitive often meant they were just wealthy and got pampered.

I can tell you that snap traps with peanut butter were better attractants then essence of peppermint oil was a repellent.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/01/13 01:41 PM

I'm shocked that the unversty of Maryland was able to find yet a undiscovered animal causing yet more damage to personal property . Surely people will need to put together training program to deal with the raccoon rodent . Wonder what it's range is and why it only seems to target chicken bones in garbage bags . This makes three different types of raccoon in Asia they have the coondog and here we have the raccoon in the bear family the perfect preditor also attracted to mint because mint is used in many types of trapping lures .
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/07/13 02:53 AM

Article mentions the protocol in the Maryland study, two bags were used with "standardized food" for seven nights??!! With something as easy to test as this, there should have been many more trials. Statistically , this is essentially a coincidence: about as conclusive as me looking out the window on a sunny day and saying it never rains here.
This is very weak "proof", but enables Wally World to label the bags as University Tested. Like a lot of pest/wildlife snake oils sold in big box stores, of very limited effectiveness.
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/07/13 06:02 PM

I have likewise weak proof that raccoons will learn to associate the minty fresh smell of these University tested "Wally World" trash bags with the awesome food inside of these raccoon tested bags.

Wally World did us all a service . We will soon have new raccoon trash bag nuisance calls.

I can just hear the phone calls now.
Posted By: aprophet

Re: We are all going to be out of business - 07/08/13 01:19 PM

on a different note a university in Ohio a coupla of years ago tried to patent and ingredient found in catnip as a mosquito repellant
© 2024 Trapperman Forums