Home

It is cold outside

Posted By: Nathan Krause

It is cold outside - 11/27/13 05:14 PM

Truck reads 18° my back hurts and I am a hour early to the only new job of the day.

I am feeling the winter blues.

Bright spot is I am gonna hit up a bunch of farms on the way home for some K9 land and maybe a few barn coon.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 07:01 PM

Cold is 20 below, everything else is just chilly and refreshing.

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Cold is anything below 20 "above"

20° to 30° is ideal for me.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 08:38 PM

Salys, with all the friggen talk about global warming and all the money that's being made from it, my opinion is that every time any state in the lower forty-eight gets below freezing, we should get a tax rebate and a ticket to Hawaii.
Posted By: sgs

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 08:48 PM

Yeah, 18* is cold, especially if the wind is blowing. I'm alright with most cold temps. It's the wind that gets me.
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 09:07 PM

Not exactly Chamber of Commerce weather here in Sunny North Central Florida either.

Cold weather means no more bikinis .
Presently 48 expecting 28 by morning !!
Sadly all the ladies are already bundled up like eskimos around here.

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Salys, with all the friggen talk about global warming and all the money that's being made from it, my opinion is that every time any state in the lower forty-eight gets below freezing, we should get a tax rebate and a ticket to Alaska.

I fixed it Paul, ticket to Alaska, at anytime of year.
This male menopause sucks, I have to wear shorts and t-shirt in the house, with the thermostat set at 68 I still sweat so much I have to go stand on the porch to chill down.
Posted By: sgs

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 09:25 PM

After a week of colder than average temps. and unrelenting wind, it warmed up to 50* today and poured rain like you read about.

That storm that caused problem from Texas to New England has graciously move down east and is now bothering our friends to the north.

Seasonal temps. are predicted for the holiday and weekend.
Posted By: Paul Antczak

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 09:49 PM

Gona be 13 tonight!
Posted By: Deerslayer79

Re: It is cold outside - 11/27/13 09:56 PM

Wow. Y'all guys are lucky I wish it was that temp here. It's getting 27 tonight
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: It is cold outside - 11/28/13 04:31 AM

Good weather is below 32F. Ice forms at that temperature, and I can skate on ice.

Re: It is cold outside - 11/28/13 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Good weather is below 32F....and I can skate on ice.

You still skate? Dave

Hmmm. I was taught how to skate in a diaper holding myself up on real skates with a hockey stick myself.

My first 14 years of life were spent playing ice hockey and field hockey. I thought everyone played hockey and was in shock when my parents moved me to Florida.

I skated every chance I got while stationed twice in Europe.

The last time I skated was in Munich 1986 and my then 5 year old son and I were running wind sprints in Olympic Park Stadium.

I don't think I have really known real ice since. My ankles suck too.

Re: It is cold outside - 11/28/13 05:02 AM

Robb, ya sound like yer from Canada, eh?
Haven't been in a game for a coupla years - we're too far from any rinks. We're thinking about going to Madison, Wisconsin, in Nov. 2014 (writing conference for Laura) and could get in a little pond hockey then.
Posted By: Baxter

Re: It is cold outside - 12/01/13 12:13 AM

[Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] it was sunny and 70 here in San Diego

Re: It is cold outside - 12/01/13 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Baxter
[Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] it was sunny and 70 here in San Diego

True. But I can use footholds and lead bullets... lol

Love when we visit California for Christmas. I always enjoy that two weeks of sun and nice temperatures.

Re: It is cold outside - 12/01/13 12:45 AM

It got up to 45 today. The beaches were crowded.

Re: It is cold outside - 12/01/13 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
The beaches were crowded.

With a bunch of Geese.............
Posted By: Mike Flick

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 12:09 AM

You guys do know that Milwaukee makes an electric jacket right?
Posted By: Kermit

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 12:40 AM

Wait till you get the metric system and you will not know what temperature it is.-42 is the only metric temperature that makes sense.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 01:27 AM

It's not too cold for possums - been slayin them jumbo white boars. The coons here are wimpier, probably all rubbed by now.

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 05:49 AM

Mike, I thought Wisconsin got rid of capitol punishment a long time ago but if you want to bring it back, good for you.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 06:49 AM

Yup its cold here to had two bat calls in the last week they were just flying around the in the houses .

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 12:16 PM

Picked up a bat Thanksgiving night and another one last night.

Re: It is cold outside - 12/02/13 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Baxter

That's why I left SD county, 70 is ten degrees above my max temp. everybody reads the weather about San Diego, yeah it sounds nice but that temp is right on the coast, go 5, 10 or 20 miles inland and it's 95plus for 9 months of the year. the last place I lived was in Santa Ysabel before moving here, we rented a little house at about 3800 feet so we got snow and freezing temps in the winter, just not enough to cool this 'ol boy off. So here I am in MT, supposed to be single digits and below zero all week, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH t-shirt weather. grin

Re: It is cold outside - 12/06/13 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

OK it is officially cold enough for me. minus 20.5 at my house this morning with light snow. grin

Re: It is cold outside - 12/06/13 08:35 PM

Straight out of a Jack London story, you are.
Posted By: NateSmith

Re: It is cold outside - 12/06/13 10:12 PM

heck I thought it was cold here when it got down to 36 last night. But then, it also hits 110+ during the summer months

Re: It is cold outside - 12/06/13 10:55 PM

It was 2005 or '06 we had 7-10 days straight of 100+, we hit 111 one day. I suspended cage trapping operations during that time. Even though it gets hot here I know in the end, eventually, winter will get here, not so with caliphony.
Posted By: Lundy

Re: It is cold outside - 12/07/13 01:29 AM

Comedian Dave Mordahl lives her in MN. Today he posted on FB "I finally turned on the furnace today". Next post, one his friends, "You wussy". Dave's reply, "Don't try to talk me out of it..."
Posted By: WTWC

Re: It is cold outside - 12/07/13 01:38 PM

I'd trade for some 20-30 degree weather. It's going to be 85 today. 65 in the mornings.

Re: It is cold outside - 12/07/13 04:08 PM

Dave, it was 82F, I mean 8.2F when I got up today (of course, now it's a balmy 18F). Do I get to be an honorary Nanook of the North?

Re: It is cold outside - 12/07/13 04:57 PM

Dave's it was 83F and already 80F and its not even noon.

Last week we were in the low 30's in North Florida. Weatherman says are heat wave is about over starting Tuesday.

Keep warm everyone.
Posted By: WTWC

Re: It is cold outside - 12/07/13 08:56 PM

You need a snorkel down here in SW Florida outside for Christmas this year. Humid!

Re: It is cold outside - 12/09/13 02:14 PM

New personal best/low Saturday when I got up at 6am, 24.8 below, living in Indiana until I was 24 I don't remember anything that cold. But it was a glorious day, left the house at 8am made 11 stops xmas buying and did a pigeon exclusion inspection and was home by noon, it was 18 below during that whole trip. The mall and every store I stopped at was deserted, only the most hardy were out. And would you believe I actually have an active snake job still out, no it's not for prestone pythons, it's in the basement of an old farm house.
Posted By: ADCofWMt

Re: It is cold outside - 12/09/13 05:06 PM

Never got below -14 here.
Posted By: TheAlmostIowaKid

Re: It is cold outside - 12/09/13 05:37 PM

I wish it would stay cold during winter, it is hard to trap with the snow melting and freezing all the time. Can I get one of those tickets to Alaska?

Re: It is cold outside - 12/09/13 10:07 PM

Apparently you haven't heard. Alaska is the new Hawaii. Everything's melting and all the polar bears are turning into vegetarians.

Although the preceding may not be entirely truthful, what is true is that the average yearly temperature in Juneau, Alaska is warmer than the average yearly temperature of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums