Home

Whats the longest you've waited?

Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 03:34 PM

For someone to come back and accept a proposal you gave them? I'm betting some folks have been called at least
a year or more later?

Two days ago phone rang, a church we gave a bid to last September just decided to go with our proposal for their
bat exclusion. Very out of the blue for us, though of course they are hoping we can be there yesterday now that
they decided to move forward.

How long have you waited? After this last one we are putting a timeline on our proposals just so we can tweak the
number if it has been so long that the price of fuel has climbed or some other overhead or tool rental etc... Should
have done it from go, but missed that one. For these folks we wouldn't have changed it anyway, but makes me think
about these details for larger jobs.

Justin
Posted By: warrior

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 03:48 PM

Two years for me. All of my bid sheets have in bold print ALL PRICES QUOTED IN THIS PROPOSAL ARE VALID FOR NINETY DAYS FROM DATE OF PROPOSAL.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 04:08 PM

Nice and simple and to the point David, perfect!

Thanks!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 04:50 PM

Accepted proposals aren't so bad. It's waiting for payment that tries my patience.
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 05:41 PM

I have a customer who accepted a repair proposal and then the week before we were set to do the job he called and asked us to hold off until further notice. That was in July 2012. Each spring he sends me a email saying we will get the work done this year and each year he pushes it off.

He did pay his deposit (50%) so maybe one day we will actually fix his holes.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 07:38 PM

What David said. "Prices good for 90 days."
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 07:58 PM

I have one on a pigeon netting job that has called every 6-8 months on a three year old quote.

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 08:06 PM

I'm sure we have some that will break the record but we're so freakin old we won't remember anyway.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 08:10 PM

Paul quoted an ice age for his last dinosaur exclusion.

Re: Whats the longest you've waited? - 03/22/14 08:32 PM

Obviously it worked and once again I didn't charge enough.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums