Home

Why do I get these?

Posted By: warrior

Why do I get these? - 03/28/14 02:49 PM

Got one today that offered to trade a vacation rental for service. If I could afford a vacation I wouldn't be charging.

And a stuck kitty said so if I don't pay you'll let the cat just die. Basically, yes.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/28/14 02:58 PM

I love those kind of offers. Do a couple jobs that
are something like that every year.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/28/14 03:11 PM

My wife got a call last night from a very irate person because she thought that we should go out to her house for free and splint a bat's wing. You can't make this stuff up.
Posted By: USNret

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/29/14 09:56 AM

I tell them if they're willing to pay next month's business advertising, commercial insurance, and gasoline bills I'd gladly come out for free. Usually shuts 'em up.
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/29/14 11:13 AM

Like Kasey I am always willing to barter services.

Just waiting for that one person to offer to barter a nice bass boat.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/29/14 11:54 AM

Got a very lucrative offer several years ago on a time share for a very plush lake front resort home. We were bidding a bat job that was going to be a bit expensive for some. But for the value of this home and its location these folks had to have the income to keep it. I didnt go for the trade, I opted for the cash. I dont do the vacation thing or enjoy laying around much doing nothing.
Posted By: Mike Wilhite

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/29/14 02:47 PM

After bidding a job, the old farmer looked at me and wanted to know if I was willing to barter. I always say NO but, for whatever reason, I looked at the guy and asked, "Whaddaya got?" He pointed to a pasture of Black Angus cattle and said, "I'll give you half of one of them." I thought about it for a second and said "sure". When the job was done he told me to go pick one out and asked how I wanted it cut up. About 3 weeks later I picked up my meat, packaged the way I ordered.

One and only time I ever bartered for anything other than cash!
Posted By: shipmedic

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/30/14 02:17 PM

Good Lord, Id like to get a deal like that.

Originally Posted By: Mike Wilhite
After bidding a job, the old farmer looked at me and wanted to know if I was willing to barter. I always say NO but, for whatever reason, I looked at the guy and asked, "Whaddaya got?" He pointed to a pasture of Black Angus cattle and said, "I'll give you half of one of them." I thought about it for a second and said "sure". When the job was done he told me to go pick one out and asked how I wanted it cut up. About 3 weeks later I picked up my meat, packaged the way I ordered.

One and only time I ever bartered for anything other than cash!
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/31/14 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: NE Wildlife
I love those kind of offers. Do a couple jobs that
are something like that every year.

what kinda trades you get?
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/31/14 11:53 AM

Anything from hunting equipment/guns bows to
Ladders and tools. I got my favorite ridge hook ladder
From a job.

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/31/14 12:00 PM

I almost forgot the one years ago when I went to the door I was greeted by a middle aged woman with a skimpy robe on.She asked me to come in and we would talk about her problem and payment terms. Needless to say she had other things in mind in terms of bartering other then a cash exchange. smile
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Why do I get these? - 03/31/14 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I almost forgot the one years ago when I went to the door I was greeted by a middle aged woman with a skimpy robe on.She asked me to come in and we would talk about her problem and payment terms. Needless to say she had other things in mind in terms of bartering other then a cash exchange. smile

Well....... No, forget it.... You da man! cool
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/01/14 11:26 AM

Bob Do a crocodile Dundee check before you write up a deal like that

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/01/14 09:18 PM

I have to admit it took quite a bit of will power to say no to her proposal.

She appeared to be the real deal for all intents and purposes and a very attractive lady. I was young and single then. I often wonder what "if" every now and then. LOL
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/01/14 10:51 PM

An old military saying goes, "You don't wan't to take anything home, you can't hang on the wall".
Posted By: Mike Barcaskey

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 12:57 AM

I always get offered the Hav A Heart trap they bought at Home Depot and couldn't catch their problem with. I usually tell them no thanks, get the check and they give it to me anyways. Have about 12 or 13 of them and only bought two of them many years ago

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 12:58 AM

Bob, you're a better man for it
Posted By: mtncat

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Barcaskey
I always get offered the Hav A Heart trap they bought at Home Depot and couldn't catch their problem with. I usually tell them no thanks, get the check and they give it to me anyways. Have about 12 or 13 of them and only bought two of them many years ago

Yup, but if ya take a pair of cutters and cut the front of the trap off just behind the door and remove any locking device and springs you have a cheap and easy one way exclusion door.
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: mtncat
Originally Posted By: Mike Barcaskey

Yup, but if ya take a pair of cutters and cut the front of the trap off just behind the door and remove any locking device and springs you have a cheap and easy one way exclusion door.

Can or have you made a chimney trap out of one of the coon sized traps by doing that sort of thing?

Sorry to get off the subject but otherwise I'll forget to ask. Looked in the archives but too many pages have "chimney" and "trap" in subject.

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 01:41 PM

hour worth of mods and they are as good as any other trap out there
Posted By: mtncat

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/02/14 10:25 PM

Never made a chimney trap out of one. But then again I've never had a call for a coon in a chimney.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/03/14 12:36 AM

Mike, the only Havaharts that are NEARLY as good as most traps today haven't been made for nearly two decades. And the one hand set model is pure junk. People don't give away Havaharts because they're great.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/03/14 12:56 AM

Best response I've seen yet!

Re: Why do I get these? - 04/03/14 01:46 AM

A rose betwenn two HavAHarts

© 2024 Trapperman Forums