Home

Templates for business card?

Posted By: Throw Back

Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 06:05 AM

I am about ready to get started doing some work. Licensed and all the paperwork filed, contract drawn up etc. I would like to ease into it and tst the market, so I am going to be going word of mouth mostly for a few months. I am looking for a good site/template to design a business card and then I will take it to a local who runs a print shop. Where and how did you guys design yours? Anyone want to show theirs off?
Posted By: Lundy

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 06:59 AM

I worked with my printer, my wife helped design the card, the printer helped put the design on paper. Don't invest in advertising if you can help it. You are starting part-time. Word of mouth is the BEST advertising you can have. It may take two or more years to grow enough that you can go full time. You might want to try joining your local Chamber of Commerce. If they have a website, you might get to put your info online and see if you can put some business cards in their office.
I get a lot of customers that want to hire local. I don't have a web site, I'm not on facebook, I don't even have a listing in the phone book. I just got a new customer last week. She is legally blind, so she called 411, asked for a local company, and the operator gave her my number. She lives 15 miles away, and there is another company, based in her town, that wasn't even considered. They do mostly commercial work and I don't think they are on the internet at all.
I've been in business for ten years now. I tried Yellow pages, I got two jobs in three years, I tried the local shopper paper and again about covered my costs for the year. Membership in the Chamber costs $165 a year. I am listed in their directory, which goes to every new resident and I'm the only company in my category on their web page. When you search Pest Control, North Branch, MN, I am at the top of the page. Orkin, Terminex and some other national names may have sponsored links, but the people that want local look past them.
Hope these tips help you out. You can go broke advertising if you don't know how to do it. You might get swamped with more business than you can handle if you do it right. Start small and see how it goes. Good service and word of mouth plus time will make you successful. Once you get some experience and make some money then you can look at adding a website or some other kind of advertising.
This is just my opinion. Lets see what others can tell you.
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 11:32 AM

I just got 500 from 123print.com $17, they were having a sale. The cost of shipping was more than the cards. You can use their images, upload your own or just stick with basic template. Ups advertises business cards also along with Vistaprint, Staples, Officemax, etc. IMO cheaper than using your own equipment to make them.

Using the local guy is excellent decision! You can then just use the 123, vista, etc. sites to design!
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 01:15 PM

Check out the specials and templates from Vistaprint.

They will have anything from FREE for 250 to $10 for 1,000 if you pay attention to the offers. To design the card, all you do is log onto their system and follow the prompts.

I have all kinds of professional printing equipment and software, so I can say first hand that provided you hit the specials, Vistaprint is one of the cheapest ways to get professional looking business cards. I'd stay away from Staples as they own Vistaprint and it is cheaper to do everything online through Vistaprint than to go through Staples where they basically place an order with Vistaprint to have delivered at the store.
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 01:23 PM

Microsoft office templates then either your printer or vista print
Posted By: ADCofWMt

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/18/14 11:24 PM

I used Vistaprint as well. No complaints.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/21/14 02:12 PM

I had my wifes help in designing one on VistaPrint and was very happy with the outcome. 1000 heavy glossy 2 sided cards. Gotten compliments on them.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/25/14 05:14 AM

So i have been using vista print to design them, but then how do I get the design off there so I can take it to the local printer.
Posted By: 22mag

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/25/14 09:48 AM

I get mine from vistaprint online and the quality is outstanding. Two thumbs up!
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Templates for business card? - 04/25/14 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Throw Back
So i have been using vista print to design them, but then how do I get the design off there so I can take it to the local printer.

Can't print the page or image? Save image as.. and print? Good question..
Posted By: Trapper Kurt

Re: Templates for business card? - 05/16/14 02:09 PM

Vista print has 250 business cards for $10 and that includes free shipping!
Very easy to do online and very professional cards.
Just my 2 cents.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums