Home

rabbit problem

Posted By: coontrapper98

rabbit problem - 04/21/14 03:49 AM

What is the best way to trap nuisance rabbits with a leg hold and what kind of bait would u use
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: rabbit problem - 04/21/14 11:24 AM

There isnt an easy or productive way to control rabbits trapping. In winter, trail setting is a good method with footholds when you find activity. Baiting isnt a real good method of trapping. Air rifle removal is what we do for immediate control in most commercial work where feasable.

If you search the archives we have covered rabbit trapping in years past. You may find some information to answer some of your questions.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: rabbit problem - 04/21/14 01:09 PM

IMO trapping rabbits with a leg hold is the LAST thing I would do. The leg bones in a rabbit are very easy to break. All you will have the next day is a rabbit foot.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: rabbit problem - 04/21/14 01:51 PM

And it wouldn't be a lucky rabbit's foot either.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: rabbit problem - 04/21/14 02:13 PM

Night time air rifle would be my approach.
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: rabbit problem - 04/23/14 02:55 PM

In Minnesota we pile them up with a stabilized 110 in the trail with a carrot on the trigger
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: rabbit problem - 04/23/14 03:01 PM

Unfortunately in my area of Wisconsin, a 110 with a carrot would pile up a lot of gray squirrels, not to mention the raccoons running around with steel collars.

Re: rabbit problem - 04/23/14 06:27 PM

I can't get the squirrels to touch anything here! The only problem I have is the crows if the traps are not checked early enough.

Re: rabbit problem - 04/23/14 06:34 PM

I use my bottom edge set ups with a brick most of the time. Otherwise I chain to a tree. I was more worried about the fox and coyotes stealing trap and all!
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: rabbit problem - 04/24/14 01:05 AM

I have found that rabbits really enjoy Timothy hay. I put a small pile outside the trap door and then a big pile in the back of the trap.

Regular rabbit food from Walmart has mixed results.
Posted By: trapperjim30557

Re: rabbit problem - 04/27/14 01:40 AM

Box traps work real good with half an apple as bait you will ware them out x2 on leg bones breaking easy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums