Home

Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/22/14 11:08 PM

While I was trying to answer Dirk's post, my lovely bride interrupted me to tell me that she had an emergency less than three

miles down the road. A squirrel was trapped in a bushrake. Since I had no idea what a bushrake was or how a squirrel could get

trapped in it, I was off in a flash! So I arrived at the home and entered the only garage door that was open. I knocked on the

door and the gal that called pointed to the red rake I had just walked by and said, "He's trapped on the handle." Since I was

already carrying a set 1/2 x 1/2 inch squirrel trap in anticipation, I calmly walked over to the rake, lifted a lever that held

the hind foot of the largest chipmunk I have caught this year and dropped him unharmed into my cage. Total time: 3 seconds.

The woman then asked me if there was any danger of another chipmunk getting inside of her husband's very expensive convertible.

( I am not making this up ) I told her that the danger to her husband would be if she caught him riding around with a blond!

Always leave them laughing.
Posted By: Dale in Texas

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/22/14 11:27 PM

HAHAHA!! Greatness..
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 01:23 AM

And what did you charge her...might WE ask?
Posted By: MuskratJoe

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 01:30 AM

And that ladies and gentlemen is why he is the great one.

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 03:51 AM

MChewk, that question is as funny as my story. Before leaving I found out she is my son's customer. She even pointed out his squirrel

cage on the roof. I have no idea what he will charge her but we do give customers that are already receiving our services a price

break.

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 01:13 PM

Yep...figured since she was a "neighbor" might be a break in price.

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 02:51 PM

Only if you're already in service. I actually directed one of our techs from the front room window who was closing a vent on the house across the street. They paid full price but got very fast service.

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/23/14 08:20 PM

Good policy! I do reduced prices for neighbors....good pr
Posted By: Rye

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/24/14 12:54 PM

Ok.. I am the slow one.. Why does a rake have a lever and how does a rat with racing stripes get stuck in said lever?

Re: Sometimes I Don't Believe This Business Myself - 07/24/14 09:20 PM

Sorry Rye; I never asked. There are some jobs that are inexplicable. Why complicate all of those fantasies with the truth? Besides,

I'm sure the only one who really knows is the chipmunk and he ain't talking.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums