Home

To letter or not to letter

Posted By: Nic Pallo

To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 05:25 PM

I know this topic has been hit before but lets hear it again.
I drive an unlettered/unwrapped truck. My old truck was always lettered but havent done this one yet...
How many of you swear it gives you more work?
I am kind of torn on it smirk
Posted By: DaveK

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 05:34 PM

Of course it gives you more work. But your guess is as good as mine...if it costs you work.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 05:44 PM

It does get you some. I would get 9-10 a year with the lettered truck that I know for certain, they told me. My new truck is not lettered yet going to get a wrap this winter. Some customers appreciate a low profile vehicle, typically going to be large business (PETA types work for them) or high end neighborhood (don't want the neighbor to know). Most could care less if your lettered or not. I am of the opinion that lettering is the way to go, most other professions do it. To me it shows that you are a professional not the critter guy today, and a roofer etc tomorrow.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 05:45 PM

I think it helps with some work. how much, who knows. It still makes you look more professional or business like, as opposed to a guy that shows up with a truck with ladders & cages in the back. when I first started, with no lettering on the truck, people would assume I worked for the county or town

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 05:56 PM

Good stuff, all valid points!
I do agree with the more professional look too!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/12/14 09:09 PM

Nic, my son insisted that we were losing a fortune in business so he got a really nice professional job on his 2007 Chevy van.

Funny thing is, we've bought a bunch of vehicles since then, including a new Toyota for my son. And I don't see any advertising on

any of them. Maybe we weren't losing a fortune after all! I've always been a "No Truck Advertising" guy, but then I don't live where

you live either.
Posted By: Budfish

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/16/14 01:05 AM

Get magnets made. Remove them a couple blocks from the job or don't put them on while jumping from job to job.
Posted By: Hoosier_Trapper

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/17/14 01:13 AM

I just invested in a newer truck and our plan is to have it wrapped.Think of it as a rolling billboard,advertising works but some advertising more so than others.What I feel is important is that you have a logo or Brand that the public can relate to you and your business.Branding is a very important aspect of selling your product.If you put your brand out there enough people will associate it with your business and although they may forget your name they will remember your brand.I think that spending a little with a professional designer to have a logo developed is good money spent.Eye catching wrap with a good logo is a win win in my book.
Posted By: Cooner22

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/17/14 03:23 AM

Only if it gets to the point and has your number or website easy to read. If you have a whole bunch of empty words than it's as pointless as having no lettering.
Posted By: Big Bear Wildlif

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/17/14 09:30 AM

I have a lot of people tell me they have seen me on the road and remembered me. And I do get calls from folks while driving. It has helped me. Cooner22 is right, keep it simple.
Posted By: Dirk Shearer

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/17/14 12:57 PM

Ditto on the getting jobs!

We have several commercial jobs that we are not allowed on the property in unmarked vehicles. I lean toward the lettering.

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/17/14 02:38 PM

Now even I have to admit that's a great excuse for lettering, Dirk. As I said before, we have had many compliments on the fact that

our vehicles aren't marked. It all depends on your customer's desires, I guess. It also helps us keep a much lower profile in those

areas where trap and animal theft might be a problem. While I can leave the key in the ignition in most of my area, there are some

spots where I would feel better with an armed guard sitting on the hood.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/18/14 07:16 PM

h

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/22/14 04:02 PM

Ok
Now, full blown wrap vs simple to the point lettering?

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/22/14 08:43 PM

Okay Nic, you know how honest and truthful I am. Despite that fact, if I were going to advertise at all, I think I would go with the

full wrap. ( The local police would know my vehicle either way ) Since everyone knows that the vast majority of our customers are of

the female persuasion, my advertising mind tells me to wrap my new vehicle with male strippers. Unfortunately, the sane part of my

mind tells me that I could attract a whole new clientele that might not fit in with my heterosexual life style. Decisions, decisions.
Posted By: Gotrek

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/22/14 08:48 PM

Never called an ADC guy by paint on the truck but Almost 100% of the contractors I hire are guys I see in town or driving on the highway. I don't have time to "google" or open a phone book. So I would say it's worth it.

Doesn't have to be fancy either. just legible at 65mph laugh

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/22/14 09:31 PM

Okay, I've got to meet Gotrek. I've been to Manitoba more than once and practically everyone I met had time to Google and then some.

Re: To letter or not to letter - 09/22/14 11:53 PM

Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums