Home

I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 09:55 PM

I'm doing this on my own, just so you know. This has absolutely nothing to do with any organizations that you or I might be

familiar with. I just had this idea. While reading a lot of posts on the subject of seminars and

where they are held, I realized that you, the attendees, had no say in the matter! I also realize that I am reaching a very small

percentage of you, compared to the total number of both PCT guys and ADC guys in our field, but I need to start somewhere. Which

months suit you best? Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb. Mar. And where would you like to go? ( C,mon, we all want a seminar to be held in our

backyard, but other than that: ) "Vegas; we need the change of pace." "A Caribbean cruise; what the heck, it's deductible."

"Hawaii, I'll never get there any other way!" And the list goes on and on. Tell me what you think, either publicly or privately,

it doesn't matter. Since this is my post, no one will ever know and if anyone recommends the Islamic States for our next seminar,

I can finally take advantage of my Concealed Carry Permit!
Posted By: Jeremy Ledford

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 10:01 PM

Does that limit us to concealed carry friendly states, Wink?

I think Feb or March would be good. Stay away from Thanksgiving and Christmas, and give people a chance to recover their finances a month or two after. If done in Feb, how about a warmer state? Tennessee? Texas?

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 10:14 PM

Good post Jeremy! This is what I'm looking for. Ideas. This is just an idea of mine and I need to get everyone's opinion.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 10:45 PM

Hawaii is too far....but what the heck.

Naples - Jan - Feb
Posted By: BUD25

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 11:31 PM

You would have better luck getting the list of past attendees from seminars and asking them vs. asking on this.... Less than 10% of operators on this forum actually attend...

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 11:34 PM

Now see; I've never been overseas and I donta speaka mucha Italaino but I did watch "The Godfather" 17 times. Concealed Carry again!

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/29/14 11:56 PM

Bud25, You should have finished your sentence. ....less than 10% of the operators on this forum actually attend......every year. I've

been to twice as many as you and I'm not sure we've ever met. Do you know Dave K? How about Ron Scheller? Jim Bethell? Eric Arnold?

Paul Brooker, and a host of other people on here? I've probably talked at more seminars than you've attended and just because a lot

of the guys are new on here and probably can't afford trips to Florida right off the bat, doesn't mean they wouldn't love to come.

Thanks for your intelligent input; it was completely worthless.
Posted By: Cooner22

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 12:10 AM

Just maybe, they could be at the same place and time as Kansas' deer hunting opener, or right before the bass spawn in Florida. laugh

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 12:18 AM

I just figure we miss all of the summer working. The only place that is like summer in the winter...is very south Florida. Naples...Miami...Keys. Otherwise, you are talking Caribbean to Hawaii.

Wife doesn't care about bass season. But, sun shine is a draw.
Posted By: Lundy

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 02:44 AM

My season is April thru October. Fur trapping and Deer Hunting in November, trapping thru December, then Ice fishing in Jan. and Feb. Late Feb or second week of March are my most down time.
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 03:36 AM

I think Jan. Feb. and it should be 2.5 days if you travel a long distance there is a lot more that goes on besides the class room. Two days you have people leaving early or staying over with the other unlucky ones because they couldn't fly out until the next day. The center of the eastern half of the U.S. has the largest pop. for driving distance. Las Vegas probably has the best flights and is a great place to hang out if you don't gamble.
The summer might be a good choice and have it near the Great Lakes. Great beaches without salt or sharks and you could take a deductible trip with the whole family all the way down to the third generation. You could add several days on to the beginning or the end. That might make it worth being gone during a pretty busy time because they are who we are working our off. When you get older you and your kids appreciate the most valuable thing you gave them..TIME. You have to figure out a way of working less. Don't give your time away topeople who don't love you. Makem pay for it and give it to who you want. Off subject sorry I'll think a little more and get back.
Posted By: sconnibird

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 03:09 PM

March...in Fort Myers FL...going to be there anyway...
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 03:57 PM

O.K. Paul, here we go.

Late Feb. in Las Vegas.
Easy/affordable (direct Allegiant Air) flights.
Good weather in that area then.
Purely selfish as son (father of newest granddaughter=wife incentive) is stationed at Nellis AFB.
Posted By: bluebill

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 07:12 PM

Feb. Anywhere warm.
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 07:37 PM

H opefully going to the pesttech 2014 next week 5 nov at the national motorcycle museum , Birmingham ,England. Demonstrations ,workshops and exhibitions. First one i will have been to, so quite looking forward to it, but it is 3 hrs away from me but what the heck.

Brian

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/30/14 09:10 PM

I love it! A positive response from the Mother Country. Brian, I certainly hope that you enjoy the trip. ( We also have a National

Motorcycle Museum ) And they are one of our customers, to boot! What I would be really interested in is the workshops. Any "hands-on"

type of work would be really be appreciated.

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 10/31/14 08:04 PM

Bud25, Okay, maybe I blew a gasket and if I'm wrong, I apologize. However, today is day two of the WCT seminar and this is exactly

one of the two posts today. What does that tell you?
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/01/14 12:59 AM

February...San Antonio, TX

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/01/14 02:42 AM

That would be fun too.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/01/14 09:56 PM

Just got back from the WCT seminar in KY. The same question was ask on our last day turn in paper. You and Eric must be on the same page. Also for your info, when we got up this morning to leave, the vehicles were covered with snow and it was still snowing. Could not beleave it.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/01/14 10:39 PM

It was the same way here Jim. Started at 5 or so yesterday. All the kids trick or treating looked more or less like bank robbers. Wind blew about 30 sustained it was miserable especially since it was 80 on Monday.

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/01/14 10:52 PM

Thanks for the input Jim. I was sorry to miss the WCT seminar this year, but as I explained to Eric, October is a normally decent

month for us. Besides, we employ an ever-expanding group of people and we go out of our way to try to see to it that our worst months,

December and January are profitable for the both of us. I guess I need to write a column on the pros and cons of increasing your

business. ( Which I am sure that the vast majority of us could do quite easily )

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/02/14 12:23 AM

Not to mention taking kids trick or treating!
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/02/14 02:05 AM

I also had hoped to go to the WCT but I have so many jobs going right now I didn't feel like it was the most responsible thing to do. I had hoped to take the kids out candy begging but ma nature had different plans. So like every night this week I just worked. I haven't been home before 10 any night this week. I even had to listen to the World Series on AM radio.
Posted By: Scott Ursiny Sr.

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/06/14 06:37 AM

Would it be possible to put on the same seminars or training in different areas? Many of us are not rolling in the cash or even work a regular full-time job, but could do a weekend thats within driving distance. Purely out of selfish motives...COME TO MICHIGAN!!

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/06/14 12:53 PM

Scott,...check out madca.

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/06/14 06:49 PM

Well Paul , you wanted to know how i got on at the pesttech? Early start, up at 5 15am, left home at 6, three and a half hours drive, got there and registered, looked round 4 times, i had a crack with a couple of lads that i know then set off back home at 1.30.
The best thing that i saw was a new type of mouse trap, which looked pretty good until i asked the price, £45 came the reply, not for me i said.
It was a long way to go, but if you only had to travel a hour or so it would have been worth it.
I came home with loads of catalogs and abuot 20 free pens

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/06/14 09:34 PM

Okay Brian, I've got two things working against me. First of all, I was not very good in mathematics and to be perfectly honest,

when I have a computer problem, usually my 5 or 6 year old grandchild can solve it. However, I did come up with astonishing figure

of $28.40 US for this wonderful new mouse trap. Am I right? And how do I get one of these "cutting edge" mouse traps?

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/07/14 07:59 AM

Hey Paul ,your maths are worse than mine, Us $ 1.58 to Gbp £1.00, i make that $66.36, but it is 8am. I will see if i can put some info up later on.

Re: I'd Really Like All The Input I Can Get - 11/07/14 10:41 PM

My math is not near as bad as the web-site I looked up the conversion tables on! I do find the whole thing hilarious though. And

right after my bank teller complimented me for figuring out my deposit accurately with a calculator. I'm not making this up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums