Home

New female trapper

Posted By: Sweet Pea

New female trapper - 01/06/15 03:32 PM

Just wanted to say hello to all the ADC trappers here on Trapperman.Com.
I am new to trapping but not at all to the outdoors. I've fished since I was young and hunted whitetail deer most of my adult life. I am a full time Taxidermist but also work for the Cargill Corp. as a corn mill operator. This year was my first year of trapping turtles as well as learning the art of nuisance trapping and also fur trapping. I have came along way in the past 12 months to be sure. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. One day I may run a nuisance business but for now, it's just part time. Until then, I'm enjoying the outdoors and learning more each day about coyote trapping and snaring. This December I caught my first true double on coyotes. As a nuisance trapper I have caught moles, squirrels, raccoon, muskrats, removed yellow jackets and a beaver.

Angela

Posted By: traprjohn

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 04:08 PM

WTG Angela!

Welcome to the family.

Its nice of you to take that coon to church......
Posted By: mousie

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 06:17 PM

wow ! 50 views and only one reply. you boys sure know how to make a girl feel welcome. welcome to trapperman angela.
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 07:03 PM

Welcome and all the best in your new pursuits!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 07:14 PM

Welcome, it looks like you are well on your way. Be safe! Have you ever been bitten by a snapping turtle yet?
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 07:33 PM

Welcome on board. Wish you the best!

Chuck
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 07:36 PM

Angela, my daughter was our first employee in our ADC business 26 years ago. She is very good and has probably caught and removed

more skunks than any of us. If you have enough ADC customers in your area, Cargill is really going to miss you. On an added note,

Cargill in Milwaukee is one of our ADC customers.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 07:47 PM

Angela smells like corn syrup, hence the reason she is so good at catchin' 'coon !

How do you think she got her nickname anyway ! LOL

Best of luck, Sweet Pea!

LT
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 09:04 PM

Welcome Angela. I think you need a bit more training on using a control pole. One lunge and that coyote is off and running with your pole still attached. He does look like he blinked for the camera so maybe he was about out of gas so to speak.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: mousie
wow ! 50 replies and only one reply. you boys sure know how to make a girl feel welcome. welcome to trapperman angela.
You guys use the same photographer? Lol.
Welcome.
Posted By: imiller

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 10:40 PM

maybe theyre related lol.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 10:54 PM

Most likely one of Lt's protégés.
Posted By: smallcreek55

Re: New female trapper - 01/06/15 11:57 PM

Could be me but I don't see a ring on your finger , you can pm me all the good stuff. But welcome and looks like a couple of good catches.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: USMC47
Welcome.

I'm thinking joint effort.
Posted By: mousie

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 12:41 AM

you might say that. lol

Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 02:10 AM

Y'all catchin flies up on that ruff?
Posted By: Hupurest

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: USMC47
Welcome.

And animals too.

anyhow, never seen 2 coyotes get so much airtime..

Originally Posted By: Sweet Pea
Just wanted to say hello to all the ADC trappers here on Trapperman.Com.

Originally Posted By: Sweet Pea

not sure how much it weighed but it seems pretty heavy to me.

Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 02:34 AM

It/they are very pretty . I know , I know ... Eastern red coyotes aren't high plains silvers .

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
It/they are very pretty . I know , I know ... Eastern red coyotes aren't high plains silvers .

Yes, a lot of our coyotes do have red in them. Not all that uncommon, since they match the brush/environiment.

Hup, mousie and I run trap lines together. Whats your point? You dont have one! Your not a nuisance trapper!
So why are you on here? Just to start trouble on something you know little about? Your reputation precedes you, it seems.

Get a life and you,ll do well to keep me out of yours!
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: New female trapper - 01/07/15 03:56 PM

Sounds like she can stick up for herself as well
Well done lass and good luck to you.

Brian
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: New female trapper - 01/08/15 01:13 AM

Sweet Pea u need to hit on Cargill I'm sure they have some issues particularly birds. Maybe not as many as you and Hup but probably a few thousand dollars.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: New female trapper - 01/08/15 12:39 PM

(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) r u talking about?

Re: New female trapper - 01/08/15 03:27 PM

I've seen some pictures of LT when he was visiting Vinke and he doesn't look anything like Angela.
Posted By: Kermit

Re: New female trapper - 01/08/15 05:45 PM

Tread careful around the womanfolk or you get a vacation. Speaking from experience. Different set of rules.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: New female trapper - 01/08/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
I've seen some pictures of LT when he was visiting Vinke and he doesn't look anything like Angela.

I ain't as cute as mousie either...LOL
What a joke.
Some people want to discredit these girls for what they do.
Shame.

The mods should remove these negative comments on an otherwise celebration of women in trapping.

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 01:05 AM

Hep, You must be a very bored person that has nothing better to do than cause problems for other trappers, especially women trappers. Does it make you feel like a real man to discredit people you know nothing about? Sounds to me, that you are very jealous of Mousie and myself. We are better trappers than you will ever be. I guess the only enjoyment you get out of life is stirring the pot. Very sad.

Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 02:10 AM

I think the best way to deal with a troll is stop responding to him. Both of the ladies have held their own and then some in response. They make a great addition to a forum that could use new blood, I welcome you to the forum and hope you stick around for a long time! Welcome Sweet Pea!!!!
Kurt
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 02:20 AM

Don't think Paul D. has to get involved in this. Sounds like the girls can take care of themselves. Welcome. We do need new blood and ideas on here.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 06:27 AM

There were some guys who trapped pigeons at Cargill in Dayton, Ohio in the late nineties, who made very good money selling the pigeons to dog trainers, in paticular the springer spaniel guys.

They made a few thousand dollars, at a time, supplying some of the area hunt tests and field trials.

You may want to see about catching pigeons at Cargill for resale and ADC.

Keith

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 03:35 PM

One of my first jobs in this business was catching pigeons for a small city. I did get to meet just about all the dog trainers in the

area. Lots of fun and getting paid for the same birds twice helped me buy some much needed equipment.
Posted By: chrisobanion

Re: New female trapper - 01/09/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: KeithC
There were some guys who trapped pigeons at Cargill in Dayton, Ohio in the late nineties, who made very good money selling the pigeons to dog trainers, in paticular the springer spaniel guys.

They made a few thousand dollars, at a time, supplying some of the area hunt tests and field trials.

You may want to see about catching pigeons at Cargill for resale and ADC.

Keith

Cargill has 2 Full time pest control employees form a national account franchise on site 16 hours a day. with the way things work with liability these days I think the odds of getting permission to trap pigeons there would be pretty small...

Re: New female trapper - 01/11/15 01:42 AM

Thanks to everyone who has commented about Cargill. I have already acquired about trapping all the pigeons along with the other animals we have in our Corn Milling Facility. Its true Cargill already has a pest control employee on contract right now but that doesn't mean down the road I won't have an opportunity.

smile
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: New female trapper - 01/12/15 12:11 AM

welcome
Posted By: Vinke

Re: New female trapper - 01/18/15 05:48 AM

go girls go!
Posted By: packbasket MD

Re: New female trapper - 01/21/15 06:38 AM

Welcome! I am new to the site too. You'll hear nothing bad from me! I work at the Cleveland zoo and they have a woman trapper there. I have shown her a few tricks and also learned a few from her its a wonderful rewarding learning experience for everyone. Glad you are here!
Mike
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New female trapper - 01/21/15 01:23 PM

I said it on the Trap Talk, but want to reiterate it to you Here on ADC page... Welcome to Tman!

wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums