Home

NYSWMA Seminar

Posted By: Coondog6

NYSWMA Seminar - 03/29/15 02:17 PM

Hello All,

NYSWMA held a great seminar, the venue, was super as were the presenters:

Jim Dreisacker - taught me that coyotes aren't a mythical creature that is impossible to catch
Ron Jones - learned a lot about squirrels and learned you don't need three traps to try three different lures
Rick Shadel - got me thinking about adding goose control to my business
Dr. Paul Curtis - showed us what direction our industry may be heading
Mark DeBoard - after listening to his presentation I am glad I didn't buy that 177 pellet gun for raccoon
Eric Arnold - from Eric's presentation learned you can use cat tongs for removing raccoon and learned Ron Jones can speak raccoon
Dr. Krysten Schuler - I know I don't want to catch a squirrel with squirrel pox.
Jim Comstock - learned a few more ways to use his beaver traps
Lynn Braband - discovered how NYSWMA and NWCOA were created at about the same time and how they have evolved
Jim Horton - has a great business model.

I meet a lot of people and learned a lot. Thanks to Tom O Landers for introducing me to everyone and putting up with me the entire time. The seminar more than paid for itself.

Thanks to all

Chuck Crowe
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/29/15 03:16 PM

Thanks for that info Chuck. Now tell me how to test three lures without using three traps.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/29/15 09:59 PM

Thanks Chuck. You should have had Tom introduce you to me.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/30/15 11:39 PM

You mean Tom should be happy you put up with him LOL That was raccoon trap with 3 different lures squirrel only one LOL
Posted By: Mike Hurley

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/31/15 04:50 PM

Put 3 different types of lure in one trap, when you catch a raccoon, you should ask him, what brought you here.....there ya have it...

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/31/15 05:35 PM

I don't often use three lures for raccoon although it couldn't hurt. I nearly always use the Chinese raccoon trapping method.....,.

sweet and sour.
Posted By: wildlifeus

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 03/31/15 07:23 PM

Thanks for the kind words Chuck,
Hats off to Bob Meakin for picking the venue
and Dale Stockton for setting up speakers and exhibitors.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 04/01/15 12:33 AM

Had a really good time at the show as always. Great to see everyone. Learned some neat stuff. Always hear great stories. Heard a story about a coon that denned up and a trap that got frozen in on a roof for the winter, packed with ice and snow, out of commission for two months. They watched the trap for many days, were about to pick it up when the weather warmed a bit, trap thawed and caught the coon.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 04/02/15 12:16 AM

That was a talk on how to catch the coon you hot shots miss and don't realize it LOL
Posted By: wildlifeus

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 04/07/15 03:50 PM

Looks like we have our location and date for next year's seminar.

It will be a the same hotel in Syracuse NY

and it will be a little earlier Feb 26th and 27th 2016

Re: NYSWMA Seminar - 04/07/15 11:18 PM

Jonsie, we catch so many raccoons that the ones we miss, we don't even miss!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums