Home

what is the worst thing you have heard......

Posted By: TRapper

what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 04:29 PM

someone try to remove moles from their lawns and is there a story behind it...I put mole control failures as a part of my quarterly newsletters and always looking for more good ones
Posted By: pick65

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 05:39 PM

Joshua:
You have more than likely use the human hair will chase the moles to
the adjacent property solution?

Jerry Pickel aka pick65
Posted By: bjansma

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 06:18 PM

My friend saved a gallon of his own urine to dump on the tunnels.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 07:02 PM

Puts drain oil in the mole run, they never use the run again.
Posted By: BUD25

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 07:43 PM

Female president
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/08/16 08:18 PM

A juicy fruit gum / Ex-lax cocktail is a sure thing I am told for mole control.
Posted By: Aggie73

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/09/16 07:00 PM

Although this pic was taken on an old gopher mound, I did have a customer mention that she had heard that this technique would repel moles:

Of course, if she could make the moles drink this stuff instead, they might move out and "find their own beach" somewhere else!

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/09/16 07:16 PM

But wait, there's more, if you order one of these in the next 10 minutes, we'll send you 5 for free:

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/09/16 07:46 PM

More of the same. This gadget will chase them over to the neighbor's yard!

Posted By: Budfish

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/10/16 02:52 AM

Not moles, but I had a potential customer refuse my quote telling me she will just pour a bottle of amonia down a diller hole every day until the diller went away.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/11/16 02:23 AM

I've heard the juicy fruit before. I'm not sure why somebody thought it would be a great idea to put a stick of gum down there or what a mole is supposed to do with it.
Posted By: mrpresident

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/11/16 05:47 AM

True story. Had a guy that had his own animal control company, and this was probably like over 20 years ago and he is no longer in business. (Whaaaat???) But anyways, he told me that the way he handled his mole calls at the time was to take a Coke bottle or what not and break it. Then bury the broken glass in the ground so that the mole would walk thru it and get cut and bleed to death. Said that moles are hemophiliacs. I asked him what would happen if the customer had small children and they were playing in the backyard and got cut on the glass that he just buried all over someones backyard. Never got an answer.

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/11/16 01:32 PM

He must have been in my area at one time or another. Last month while digging up a mole run to set a trap I cut myself on a piece of glass. First time.
Posted By: bluebill

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/11/16 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: mrpresident
True story. Had a guy that had his own animal control company, and this was probably like over 20 years ago and he is no longer in business. (Whaaaat???) But anyways, he told me that the way he handled his mole calls at the time was to take a Coke bottle or what not and break it. Then bury the broken glass in the ground so that the mole would walk thru it and get cut and bleed to death. Said that moles are hemophiliacs. I asked him what would happen if the customer had small children and they were playing in the backyard and got cut on the glass that he just buried all over someones backyard. Never got an answer.

Heard that one too but it was rose stems.

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/11/16 03:09 PM

Heard of putting alum siding cut with Sharpe edges so it will cut them. Same idea.

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/12/16 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: TRapper
someone try to remove moles from their lawns and is there a story behind it...I put mole control failures as a part of my quarterly newsletters and always looking for more good ones

A common story/misconception and reason for homeowners wanting me to remove moles is that they think that they will gnaw, kill or eat their expensive landscape plants. They also complain about their unsightly mounds throughout their lawns. Of course, in my neck of the woods (brush!), they are talking about gophers. I have both moles and gophers in our sandy soils and mole mounds are not as common as in other parts of the country because of our warm climate. Aside from a site visit, mole and gopher fact sheet handouts help educate these homeowners. In the pic below, note the cylindrical (chunky soil), smaller mole mound next to the larger, crescent shaped (smooth soil) gopher mound:

Posted By: TRapper

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/12/16 05:38 AM

I have never once caught a gopher...just dont get calls for em
Posted By: yotehunter57

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/19/16 04:36 PM

My father would put Lye in their runs. Supposedly, it would burn their feet and they woult chew their feet off.
He would also walk their runs down and wait for the dirt to move, then shoot them with a 12ga. True story.

yh57
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: what is the worst thing you have heard...... - 01/24/16 01:01 AM

Sheetrock guy: "Sure I'll wait for the wildlife guy to come before I open up the wall"
© 2024 Trapperman Forums