Home

trap dock- anyone use them???

Posted By: travellintrapper

trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/26/16 02:58 PM

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/TD1800.html

im looking for something a little better looking then my plywood shelves, anyone use these? looks like they would work sweet for mounting to fascia and look a lot better than my typical setup

thanks

michael
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/26/16 08:39 PM

I purchased one last year. I forgot that I had it. I haven't used it.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/28/16 12:51 AM

Here's my trap dock.

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/SSQ/WCSTUBERR.html

Has a bottom to protect client's roof.
Has a top to keep the squirrel out of the sun.
With a couple holes drilled into the edges, it can be mounted anywhere.
Squirrels don't pee much in the bucket in the back of your truck.
Posted By: SOUTHERN STEEL

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/28/16 04:00 PM

I like those to Brian.
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/28/16 04:10 PM

ive got plenty of customers who would never go for a lethal removal- so that doesn't work all the time
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/28/16 05:40 PM

Yeah, I'm always amazed ( And maybe a little jealous? ) that so many can use kill traps for squirrels. Don't get me wrong, I started with Conibears; but once I switched to cages, I got a whole lot more customers. Even the customers who want them dead, prefer that they are killed somewhere else.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/28/16 06:40 PM

I use the tubes 98% of the time. Occasionally, I'll get someone that wants "humane" traps and relocation done, but most are happy with dead squirrels. I also work in RI and it's a kill everything state (unless released on site). When people realize it's more humane to kill them outright instead of the stress of a cage followed by a CO2 chamber, they are fine with it.

Not how I usually set a job, but was having a hard time finding the hole in the house, so I used the "highway fence" to kill them all. Finally found the entry in a hard to get to spot. Picked off 12 squirrels in 3 days. I'm sure not all lived in the house I was working on, but all were going to neighbor's feeder on other side of fence. I didn't get all that I saw, but the noise in attic stopped so I know I got the ones that were the problem.

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 01/29/16 03:18 AM

That is so cool. I guess I wouldn't make a very good protectionist.
Posted By: SOUTHERN STEEL

Re: trap dock- anyone use them??? - 02/02/16 03:22 AM

Nice, Brian. Most folks around here that have been dealing with hearing squirrels in the attic for couple weeks or so dont care how they leave , just long as they do. ( NOT EVERYONE! BUT MOST) I still use box traps also,I put my tubes in more hard to see places,even block with card board sometimes so squirrels arent seen by public.. They are perfect roof top traps, in my opinion.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums