Home

anyone else trappin moles right now

Posted By: TRapper

anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/29/16 01:16 AM

Been gettin hammered with mole calls last couple days since the frost left the ground....havent trapped moles this late in december in iowa before....i am using calcium chloride in bed and around outside of dirt used to fill around oos...keeps trap working throughout night
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/29/16 12:48 PM

No more trapping for moles until spring around here.
Posted By: Jeff

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/29/16 03:35 PM

I did a couple in the last few weeks because they really wanted them out of their yard and the weather was still ok. Got several calls for others but I tell them I will start back up in the spring and take down their #.
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/29/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TRapper
Been gettin hammered with mole calls last couple days since the frost left the ground....havent trapped moles this late in december in iowa before....i am using calcium chloride in bed and around outside of dirt used to fill around oos...keeps trap working throughout night

CC hard on the customer's grass next spring?

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/29/16 11:32 PM

Yeah tom it is...i always explain that to em before i set...they usually say well they got mounds of dirt...cant be any worse...got 19 mole traps set today and will pull on tuesday
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 12/30/16 05:32 AM

I squeeze in a few mole trapping jobs during those short, winter warm-ups when the ground thaws for a couple days. I use peat moss to cover my traps (year-round) and it works well when winter temps hover around the freezing mark at night. Doesn't draw moisture, so doesn't prevent the traps from firing correctly like regular dirt from the site will do. I use it all year, as it doesn't clump up like dirt during hard rains.
Posted By: Sharpbees

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 01/03/17 05:16 PM

I just finished one yesterday and had a call for another one this morning.

Re: anyone else trappin moles right now - 01/03/17 08:25 PM

Pullin all mine today and tomm...refreeze up is happening
© 2024 Trapperman Forums