Home

Conibears for skunk

Posted By: AJE

Conibears for skunk - 03/17/17 11:52 PM

Does a skunk usually spray when trapped in a body grip trap?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/18/17 12:33 AM

If you use a good strong 120 like a sauvageau c-120 or a 2001-5 they will be lights out quick.Most don't throw any musk.Some may let go a little but its on the ground and not much.
Posted By: Pelzjager

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/18/17 01:35 AM

That's been my experience too, though my traps were bridgers. I now have belisles and expect slightly better results. Caught one in an old 110 and it was not pleasant, learned how to dispatch without getting sprayed on that one!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/18/17 04:38 AM

Set to suitcase the skunk so that its back hits trigger
Posted By: 2 TRAPS

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/24/17 11:01 PM

I have had them spray nothing then next once caught same way unloaded. You just never no. I used good traps.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/24/17 11:35 PM

Been using the new Duke # 155s on them via a baited box....been very impressed.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/25/17 02:35 AM

I think skunks are unpredictable.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/25/17 11:51 PM

Definitely. ...but as already mentioned a good strong bodygripper helps to put them down quick.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/26/17 12:52 AM

No real sure odor free way using a conibear. Sometimes your lucky and others you're not.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/26/17 01:12 AM

Skunks are a pretty tough little animal and not all conis do a good job of killing them quick.
This trap does the job best on skunks from my experience.I always need to remove a skunk or two at the trapping camps in fall when I start stacking up the bait for winter trapping.
This trap puts out their lights real quick with very little or no stink.
The pitchfork trigger lines up the neck vertebrae and the kill bars does the rest.
This is the sauvageau c-120 magnum.It was developed back in the late 80's for marten trapping but was replaced with the sauvageau 2001-5.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Conibears for skunk - 03/29/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Skunks are a pretty tough little animal and not all conis do a good job of killing them quick.
This trap does the job best on skunks from my experience.I always need to remove a skunk or two at the trapping camps in fall when I start stacking up the bait for winter trapping.
This trap puts out their lights real quick with very little or no stink.
The pitchfork trigger lines up the neck vertebrae and the kill bars does the rest.
This is the sauvageau c-120 magnum.It was developed back in the late 80's for marten trapping but was replaced with the sauvageau 2001-5.

Sweet!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums