Home

Hazing Stubborn Birds

Posted By: Aix sponsa

Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 02:30 PM

Anyone found a way to scare off Ibis and keep them gone? You can jump them, but they'll be back quicker than you can get back to your truck. Doubt there's anything effective, but I thought I'd ask. Lethal isn't an option.

Geese and ducks are easy. They can be scared and pressured, but these suckers know they're not in danger so they're pretty stubborn.

Habit modification may be the only option....
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 02:56 PM

Have you tried laser harassment? A laser pointer from any office supply store and just shoot them in the eye's, especially at Dusk/Dawn.
Be careful not to get any aircraft! LOL
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 07:33 PM

Eagle eye

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 10:10 PM

Take me a while to shine a laser in 300+ birds' eyes wink

How long will they stay away for? If it's not for days at least then...

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 10:12 PM

https://youtu.be/nu0uLcBCaJU

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 11:02 PM

Know anyone that's used it? Awfully expensive. Id have to see a gazillion reviews saying that they didn't have any birds at all for me to buy a dozen of those puppies.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/04/17 11:40 PM

The use of pyrotechnics (screamers and bangers) persistently will eventually run them off for a day at a time. They are very stubborn in my experience.

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/05/17 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
Know anyone that's used it? Awfully expensive. Id have to see a gazillion reviews saying that they didn't have any birds at all for me to buy a dozen of those puppies.

There are several airports in louisiana with them. In the process of getting worse for ours.

Re: Hazing Stubborn Birds - 04/05/17 02:33 AM

Interesting. May have to keep an eye on their results
© 2024 Trapperman Forums