Home

Mole lure

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Mole lure - 04/04/17 08:40 PM

Do any of them work?
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Mole lure - 04/04/17 09:52 PM

Never heard of lure. Heard of several repellents, but not a lure.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Mole lure - 04/04/17 10:42 PM

Trapped moles for years and have never heard of a lure.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Mole lure - 04/04/17 11:44 PM

if you need to use a lure to trap moles you are doing it very, very wrong
Posted By: Sharpbees

Re: Mole lure - 04/05/17 01:26 AM

I saw mole lure on a site the other day but can't remember which one. I don't really see a need for it.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Mole lure - 04/05/17 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: TRapper
if you need to use a lure to trap moles you are doing it very, very wrong

X2

Re: Mole lure - 04/05/17 02:42 AM

I simple yes or no would have been fine

Because anything that will help me finish a job even one day faster makes me money, maybe I like the idea of making money faster as well as making customers happy faster

This is on the sponsors website
Posted By: AJE

Re: Mole lure - 04/05/17 04:24 AM

It might help in areas where there are lots of trails, twists, and turns all over the place. I don't know. Interesting. I'd never heard of it. WCS knows their stuff.

Re: Mole lure - 04/06/17 03:47 AM

Vast majority of my mole catches are within 24 hours after i set traps and i only set 1-2 traps per mole i think is there...find the interstate highways of mole runs and u will kill em fast
Posted By: Sharpbees

Re: Mole lure - 07/27/17 08:06 PM

Just wondering if the bait worked for you?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Mole lure - 07/28/17 11:45 PM

Here's the true test of a mole lure. In a yard with active moles go to an area free of activity and make a set by digging down to aproximately the same depth as nearby feeding tunnels place lure and see if new tunnels are created. Make another similar set on an abandoned feeding tunnel. Then a set on an active run.
Do the same without lure as a control.
My money says the active runs catch the same lure or no lure.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Mole lure - 07/29/17 12:32 PM

A good trail set for furbearers that are known to travel that trail is a sure thing. No different then mole trapping.

If you are set on an active run its a guaranteed catch location. Its just how many you will catch for as long as you are there. Here that could be a dozen or more. Other areas of the country it may be just a couple.

No lure or bait is needed in those types of locations. What would be the need. It just makes them stall in the area to investigate further. I don't want them to stop. I want interrupted behavior just going about their business as usual. No need to call attention to anything for them to be distracted.

Scent doesnt travel well without air flow to carry the odor. Mole tunnels will have very little air flow due to their nature of construction. So I dont see the merit or value of baiting for this specie.

Re: Mole lure - 07/30/17 11:07 AM

And interupted behavior is the trap closing on them...wholeheartedly agree with bob...i want that mole doing what he does best...moving the ground...bait would just make him stop...

If u need help finding correct runs i am sure bob or i could definitely train ya in person

Re: Mole lure - 07/30/17 09:50 PM

Caught the moles couldn't say if it helped or not. As they were caught in lured as well as not lured runs
© 2024 Trapperman Forums