Home

Shed exclusion

Posted By: Coondog6

Shed exclusion - 04/13/17 01:52 PM

Hello All,

I am doing a shed exclusion for skunks and raccoons. The shed is 12 x 8.

I will be doing three sides 12, 8, and 12.

What would you charge?

I plan on digging 17 inches down and using PVC coated chicken wire as a barrier.

Don't tell me what ever you think it is worth. Please give a $$ no.

Thank you,

Chuck
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/13/17 07:09 PM

$15 a foot...get a more solid wire though...chicken wire too flimsy
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/13/17 08:36 PM

We sell most barrier work at $20 a linear foot for 16ga. GAW vinyl coated 1"x1" wire. I agree chicken wire isn't a heavy enough gauge wire to be much of a deterrent with an aggressive digging animal and it wont take the weather as well as a heavier gauge wire will.

For 32 linear feet as you have quoted $640.00 would be my bid just for the barrier work. Not including any additional costs due to any difficult parts of doing the install as to ground conditions, rocks, roots, shrubs that may need dug out and replanted etc.

You should do a trapping clean out to ensure you don't trap an animal in with your barrier. If it is under the shed a burrowing animal will surely dig out under your wire apron if you don't do the install the day you pull the traps.

You can do an exclusion with a one way door set up for several days or longer after your barrier is installed to be sure you don't have an animal under the shed. Make a hole large enough for the device in the wire then patch with wire and hog ring the pieces together then cover to grade.

If I do an eviction/exclusion that is extra for the set up and return trip. Or bid that into the total job with the barrier.
Posted By: WPS

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/13/17 08:53 PM

have you seen the Dig DeFence sold by Wildlife Control Supplies? 40 feet for $189.95
www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/DDAC-CG-40.html
just drive it in the ground with the commercial installation tool ($135)
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/13/17 11:31 PM

30/LF

1/2" hardware cloth. Going out is more important than going down.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/14/17 01:40 AM

Looks like we need to match the competition on our barrier work. I always thought I was worth more. smile
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/14/17 11:51 AM

I would go 6 inches down from very bottom of the shed and 18 inches out myself
And I use 1x1 wire usually around $12 a foot. But I live in a poor area and most sheds
Arnt worth the amount of the exclusion so I don't sell many a year.
Posted By: Starvalleytrappe

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/14/17 12:15 PM

Yep, 6" down is all you need. 18" out. Rent a sod cutter it will be worth it. I'm 18-20/ft and I use 1/2x1 16guauge welded wire
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/14/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
30/LF

1/2" hardware cloth. Going out is more important than going down.

1/2in hardware cloth will not stop a raccoon if they want in
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Shed exclusion - 04/14/17 03:18 PM

Your roof won't stop a raccoon if it wants in. I've seen them tear their way into a house when they wanted to. All you can do is make it easier to get into a neighbors house/under their deck or shed.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Shed exclusion - 05/02/17 11:36 AM

Spend the xtra money and get 1/2 x 1/2 PVC coated Hardware Cloth. Pinches the pocket book but allows you to charge the $20-30/LF because you can honestly tell them its a quality long lasting job. Chicken wire will last maybe 2 years.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: Shed exclusion - 05/03/17 10:48 PM

If Dig Defence will work you elimate all the digging. Call Alan at Wildlife Control Supplies he can help

Kurt Temple
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Shed exclusion - 05/04/17 02:23 PM

Homedepot special, grey fox exclusion. Fox made multiple attemps to gain entry, but wasn't successful. $40 a roll and gets the job done for me.

I know wildlife guys who are all into the new barrier stock. A lot of them bid themselves right out of work when it comes to barrier work.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums