Home

Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under

Posted By: coondog53

Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/02/17 05:23 PM

Does anybody have any ideas about how to set foot hold traps for coyotes at places in a fence line were coyotes crawl under?
Here in GA we can’t use snares!!! Examples and pictures would be grate.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/02/17 08:17 PM

Caught a couple of trouble maker 'Yotes once with that problem. I guestimated where they would put both front feet when they pushed up their front end to slide the back end the rest of the way, had to adjust a time or 2, but it worked.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/02/17 08:30 PM

Set back about a foot and guide him over the trap.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/03/17 01:06 AM

Examine the crawl unders well and u will see the depressions where their feet land each time
Posted By: bmccoyote

Re: Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/11/17 10:55 PM

Most of the country I trap in has net wire fences because we have sheep. A lot of my sets are in digs, or crossings. I always put the trap in the bottom of the dig. A government trapper that runs a lot of the country around me told me that a coyote will always step in the lowest part of the crossing, so I put my traps in the bottom of the crossing and rarely miss. Most of my traps are set up on a drag and they coyote is caught and gets tangled up away from the crossing, which helps keep other varmints, or predators keep using that crossing. I make this set the same, whether a coyote, bobcat, fox, etc is using they crossing, as I have caught all 3 with the same set.
Posted By: coondog53

Re: Foot holds for coyote at fence crawl under - 06/13/17 11:53 PM

Thanks
© 2024 Trapperman Forums