Home

Euthanasia chamber

Posted By: SifordOutdoorZ

Euthanasia chamber - 07/17/17 03:00 AM

Has anyone built one on their own or does everyone pretty much use a prebuilt chamber like wcs sells ? Just curious and if you guys have built them some pictures would be awesome thanks I advance !
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Euthanasia chamber - 07/17/17 12:13 PM

I built mine out of 3/4 in plywood. Glued the seams before I screwed them together. Built it so the traps,carry case fit into the box. Top is a clear Plexiglas lid. Reason for the plexiglas lid is so I can see what is happening in the box. Also the lid can loft as the gas goes into the box. Co2 is heaver than air. That way I can tell how long to leave the animal in the box. Have an adapter through the end of the box just down from the top. A gas line runs from the co2 tank to the fitting on the box.
For me, I open the tank just enough so I can hear the gas hiss into the box. Leave run for 2 minutes. Shut off tank. Leave for 10 minutes. Remove animal. Sometimes, I can get 2 or 3 animals in the came carry cage into the box. Hope that helos. I have been using my box for over 20 years.
Posted By: SifordOutdoorZ

Re: Euthanasia chamber - 07/17/17 05:14 PM

Thanks jim just trying to think of a cheaper option for now think I'll try and model off yours !
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Euthanasia chamber - 07/18/17 11:52 AM

Built my own also with 5/8 plywood and a 6" viewing glass window in the top.
Build it large enough for your largest cage and the rest fit fine!
Posted By: webfootwhacker

Re: Euthanasia chamber - 07/18/17 10:17 PM

Do you uncover your skunk cages prior to putting them in? That would seem unnecessary risk, but if you leave them uncovered it defeats the point of the window.
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: Euthanasia chamber - 07/19/17 08:12 PM

I built my CO2 chamber out of a 24" piece of 10" PVC pipe, smaller 3-4" pipe for squirrels. Solid back/bottom and plexiglas slide door.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums