Home

Snake

Posted By: AJE

Snake - 08/04/17 10:15 PM

I recently had a snake sneak in my garage. I had the big garage door open and it came right in. Luckily I saw it quick enough 2 grab a stick and push it out the door. 1st time I've had a snake in the garage. I think it was a bull snake; a large 1. I hate snakes. Now I'm hesitant 2 leave the garage door open very long. Got any ideas on deterring such an encounter in the future. That or maybe a good method for trapping snakes?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Snake - 08/04/17 11:29 PM

Keep your doors closed unless needed. We make a lot of $$ from consumers that are in the practice of leaving their garage doors open over the weekends to do lawn work etc. God Bless them. smile
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Snake - 08/04/17 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
Keep your doors closed unless needed. We make a lot of $$ from consumers that are in the practice of leaving their garage doors open over the weekends to do lawn work etc. God Bless them. smile

X2
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Snake - 08/05/17 02:09 AM

X3
Posted By: SifordOutdoorZ

Re: Snake - 08/05/17 03:11 AM

X4
Posted By: bmccoyote

Re: Snake - 08/05/17 11:51 PM

Don't keep your baits/lures in your garage. hahahahahhahaha!! I have had to relocate tons of bull snakes from the same area that I store bait and lure, which is not in my garage. But, I had a freezer stop working in my garage once and after relocating 4 or 5 bull snakes I did some investigation only to find they were after the rotten meat smell from a freezer that had stopped working. Yeah, and, don't leave the garage door open, other wise you might end up on one of those snake shows with an anaconda or some (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) like that in your house. hahahahaha!! HAPPY SNAKE TRAPPING!!
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Snake - 08/09/17 10:54 AM

I watched a blackrat snake go right into a Cahaba Snake Trap one night bout 2 am when I got up to pee.
Bought it from WCS..(click on their logo at the top o the page)......for a different job in someones house a year before.
You can also use downspout cut into 2-3 ft lengths to do the same thing...just has a smaller entrance.
The snake can be removed from the sticky pad with veggie oil.

Re: Snake - 08/15/17 02:52 AM

I'll check out WSC.

Re: Snake - 08/20/17 06:59 PM

I see Ace Hardware sells some sort of granular product that apparently serves as a sort of snake barrier. I've never heard of anyone using such a product though.

Re: Snake - 08/20/17 07:35 PM

Save your money.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Snake - 08/21/17 01:00 AM

Had a customer put something of that sort in her basement a couple of years ago. Had to move out for a month. Read the label very carefully .

Re: Snake - 08/21/17 02:37 AM

Yes, thanks guys. I was leary of it. You kinda confirmed what I was thinking. I'm not going 2 buy the repellant.

Re: Snake - 08/21/17 05:15 PM

Many of those products contain Naphthalene and Sulphur as their most active ingredients others some types of mint. As stated read the label, most consumers don't take the time to do that.

Re: Snake - 10/08/17 01:18 AM

Do snakes move at night?
Do they spend much of their time in a single underground hole?
Posted By: DezertTrapper

Re: Snake - 10/08/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: AJE
Do snakes move at night?

Sorta depends on temperature. In these parts, they're far more active at night in spring/summer, but into fall, they're more active during the day. High daytime temps and even higher ground/soil/pavement temps keep them holed up or under the shade of shrubs until it's cool enough for them to come on out to hunt. They'll take shelter wherever they can find it. Some species will travel back to where they were born (especially rattlesnakes) to hibernate over the cold winter months.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Snake - 10/08/17 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: DezertTrapper
Originally Posted By: AJE
Do snakes move at night?

Sorta depends on temperature. In these parts, they're far more active at night in spring/summer, but into fall, they're more active during the day. High daytime temps and even higher ground/soil/pavement temps keep them holed up or under the shade of shrubs until it's cool enough for them to come on out to hunt. They'll take shelter wherever they can find it. Some species will travel back to where they were born (especially rattlesnakes) to hibernate over the cold winter months.

Same here in the south. Copperheads are especially noted for night time movement and feeding activity when some of their preferred prey is most active.
I caution folks to never wander around barefoot in the dark for this reason.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums