Home

Bald Faced Hornets

Posted By: MB750

Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 02:46 AM

Received a call from a friend of mine the other day. seems some hornets have a nest right outside of one of his rental houses. The hornets stung his tenant & put him in the hospital overnight. He asked if I could remove them. I generally don't do bug jobs, but decided to go for this one. I went over tonight & took care of the problem. Now I'm wondering just what I should charge for the service. Any ideas?
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 07:47 AM

The only thing I'd suggest is if you don't already have an applicators license, most states consider commercial entities (pest control, wildlife control) who would use any product even one a homeowner can buy off the shelf, to require a license.

The statement often said is "if you spray for pay, you need the license."

You may already be licensed, just putting it out there, first time I heard that was years ago now, thought that was crazy, but of course thinking it sounds crazy doesn't change the state laws on pesticide application.
Posted By: Budfish

Re: Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 08:10 AM

No need for a license if he wrapped it in a plastic bag and brought it home to deal with it.

if a job for a regular stranger, I would say $120. Maybe cut a friend or a vet a little bit of a break.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 10:30 AM

Like Bud said...except I would be at 150 to start.
Posted By: Hoppytrapsfur

Re: Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 05:49 PM

Years ago I had an applicator license. Used Demon, a dust. Kills them in there tracks!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bald Faced Hornets - 08/16/17 10:55 PM

Not just spray. Many states, like Georgia, include mechanical methods as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums